Two minutes to midnight

Parents
  • Good Fortune to yourself Mr.Chinese-ICBM, and/or MotorCar Company...

...I was going to reply to certain queries, yet now that this Thread is a bit longer, I notice - thus far - your encouraging certain answers from myself and MattBucks quite a bit...? Thus I attempt this Post, which, please be aware, may disappoint you, and I apologise and do not mean to so much...

There may be a few Internet Keywords which you might like to try: Survivalism, Prepping, SAS Survival... Financial Times (The), Pole Reversal, Carrington Event 1859, Solar Storm/Solar Flare, Apocalypse...
    ...This is, um, "stuff" which I grew up upon and have managed to live through so-far, which are always "on the brink of occurring" and are still pertinent... Unlike the numerous Asteroid Strikes, Solar Flares, Religious discussions, Cold War, Nuclear Threat, Global Warming, and updated "End of the Worlds" in 1999, Y2K, and 2016...

Concerning "NK"... this is a Political Topic, and so I have little interest in discussing such discussions, sorry.

Concerning the OCEAN (** Yay! The Ocean! **) ... this was an initial reply and you did not mention being "vaporised" in the first place? Yes due to food, no due to "serenity" (...?), and yes to get away from the masses...

Concerning "methods of incapacitating people" and the topic of, um, "killing"... I do not appreciate such a turn of subject and so I shall not answer, sorry. However, I suspect that (typically with myself) that my last Post may have been misunderstood. To whit, I may suggest more Internet Keywords which you may know: Self Defence, Incapacitation... and Soylent Green!

To close this Post, I know that this is long, and that I do bring up a lot of other Topics... and for a change, this is quite deliberate on my part. Good luck, for the topic of "Apocalypses" is a very varied and interesting digression, an attitude all of its own, which is nothing at all like that which is portrayed in Fictional Films or Mainstream Media.

Have a nice day (!).

• Good Fortune to yourself Mr.Chinese-ICBM, and/or MotorCar Company...

...I was going to reply to certain queries, yet now that this Thread is a bit longer, I notice - thus far - your encouraging certain answers from myself and MattBucks quite a bit...? Thus I attempt this Post, which, please be aware, may disappoint you, and I apologise and do not mean to so much...

There may be a few Internet Keywords which you might like to try: Survivalism, Prepping, SAS Survival... Financial Times (The), Pole Reversal, Carrington Event 1859, Solar Storm/Solar Flare, Apocalypse...
    ...This is, um, "stuff" which I grew up upon and have managed to live through so-far, which are always "on the brink of occurring" and are still pertinent... Unlike the numerous Asteroid Strikes, Solar Flares, Religious discussions, Cold War, Nuclear Threat, Global Warming, and updated "End of the Worlds" in 1999, Y2K, and 2016...

Concerning "NK"... this is a Political Topic, and so I have little interest in discussing such discussions, sorry.

Concerning the OCEAN (** Yay! The Ocean! **) ... this was an initial reply and you did not mention being "vaporised" in the first place? Yes due to food, no due to "serenity" (...?), and yes to get away from the masses...

Concerning "methods of incapacitating people" and the topic of, um, "killing"... I do not appreciate such a turn of subject and so I shall not answer, sorry. However, I suspect that (typically with myself) that my last Post may have been misunderstood. To whit, I may suggest more Internet Keywords which you may know: Self Defence, Incapacitation... and Soylent Green!

To close this Post, I know that this is long, and that I do bring up a lot of other Topics... and for a change, this is quite deliberate on my part. Good luck, for the topic of "Apocalypses" is a very varied and interesting digression, an attitude all of its own, which is nothing at all like that which is portrayed in Fictional Films or Mainstream Media.

Have a nice day (!).

Children
  • your encouraging certain answers from myself and

Guilty as charged, DC. Wink

I wanted to know what you all think. 

I shall look up some of your suggestions, since there are some that I cannot recall seeing before. 

Yes, I am well aware that humanity always seems to think it is living in the end-times, and that no one ever seems to be predicting annihilation beyond the short term, so they can sell you some guaranteed solution, such as a book(!). Rolling eyes

Even in 1000A.D., it seems folk were "a bit edgy".

People on my doorstep brandishing "watchtower" and asking me if I've thought about the end of the world always look at me strangely and decide they can't stay after all when I cheerfully tell them that I have, and attempt to debate the consequences of our Sun exhausting its fuel.

Do you visit the ocean often? It sounds like it is a special place for you?

I am very glad to hear you are aware that Tuesday is Soylent Green day. Did you ever read the short story "The Food of the Gods", by Arthur C. Clarke? I had wondered if you were hinting at an intent to make use of whatever protein might be found...(!)Nauseated face. I think I would rather stick to rabbit that has been sheltering in its burrow. 

Who wants to fill Stanislav Petrov's shoes this time around? Anyone?