PROSOPAGNOSIA. !!!!!!

Prosopagnosia , or face blindness.  I suffer from it and have done so for as long as I can remember.  Does anyone else here have similar problems?

It's very embarrassing when someone greets me and I have no idea who they are or where do I know them from.  Related to this problem is name blindness where I find it very very difficult to remember people's names.

Recently I was greeted by a man in a park and I struggled badly to remember who he was.  I mostly remember people from their voices and other visual clues such what they wear, where they usually sit.  He turned out to be a colleague from a health and fitness course I recently attended.

How common is it for autistics to suffer from prosopagnosia ?

Parents
  • http://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/11315/difficulty-recognising-people/58760#58760

Glad Tidings especially to Mr. Mathematical-Robert... I post a link to a Thread which was not so long ago begun, and so you may recall it. 

Regarding this particular Thread, between yourself and the latest answer, I think that you both may have already finished the main question...

But I do not think that Prosopagnosia and Synaesthesia are linked so much... it is to do with Visible Light Frequencies rather than Social Functioning... and all of that last may well begin another Thread (to which I shall not answer, depending upon who begins it!)...

Nonetheless, that there is the other Thread, and there are answers upon it which you may recall. There is no solution, really, there are only "workarounds" which have already been stated (e.g. voice, associations, attire, situations, and such). End of Post (I regret not being able to know more. Doubtless others have much more to say than this!)...

• http://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/11315/difficulty-recognising-people/58760#58760

Glad Tidings especially to Mr. Mathematical-Robert... I post a link to a Thread which was not so long ago begun, and so you may recall it. 

Regarding this particular Thread, between yourself and the latest answer, I think that you both may have already finished the main question...

But I do not think that Prosopagnosia and Synaesthesia are linked so much... it is to do with Visible Light Frequencies rather than Social Functioning... and all of that last may well begin another Thread (to which I shall not answer, depending upon who begins it!)...

Nonetheless, that there is the other Thread, and there are answers upon it which you may recall. There is no solution, really, there are only "workarounds" which have already been stated (e.g. voice, associations, attire, situations, and such). End of Post (I regret not being able to know more. Doubtless others have much more to say than this!)...

Children
No Data