Vacations, never. Has anyone else here never been "on Holiday" as an (Autistic) Adult?

Has anyone else here NEVER been "on Holiday" as an (Autistic) Adult? Either within the British Isles or, especially, leaving the Country.
When at school, I was allowed - with the School - to visit The Isle Of Wight, and France, and then Belgium...
But now that I am an adult (since leaving school)... London is as if imposed as a Prison, which financial constraints prevent me from ever escaping. And so I am curious as to whether anyone else has 'Never Really Been Allowed To Have A Vacation', just like myself...

Parents
  • Not sure what you mean by: 

'Never Really Been Allowed To Have A Vacation'

What's stopping you?

I've already mentioned that my family background is insane.  There was a period of years where my mother tried to prevent me from even leaving the house.  I only went out shopping and even then if I was out for more than an hour there were rows and sulking.  Even signing on was difficult.  I was a virtual prisoner.

• Not sure what you mean by: 

'Never Really Been Allowed To Have A Vacation'

What's stopping you?

I've already mentioned that my family background is insane.  There was a period of years where my mother tried to prevent me from even leaving the house.  I only went out shopping and even then if I was out for more than an hour there were rows and sulking.  Even signing on was difficult.  I was a virtual prisoner.

Children
  • What's stopping you?

Glad Tidings, and I am glad that it is someone familiar (sort of) with myself upon this Forum that replied first.  !

To reply to that which I quoted from your good self there. . the short answer would be... MONEY.

Yet I can perhaps identify - a little bit - with the rest. I live in a family house, and am often asked about where I am going if I leave it. It is both a good and a constraining thing. It is good to know that persons care about me, yet bad that it somewhat imposes upon one's freedom... and so I do not mind it so much. What I do mind is MONEY allowing one to go to anyplace. Which was the main question...?