Parents
  • I have several up to date CVs.   Several because I have four advisors all giving different advice.  Job centre insists I remove address for confidentiality and security.  Recruitment agency insists it must be included.

Also different CVs for different types of jobs.

Some CVs are economical with the truth.

I include a unique customised covering letter with each CV.  I do a better job than one of my advisors. She wrote a letter for me with a Dear Sir/Madam  and closed with yours sincerely.  I prompted her and she said "it doesn't matter". 

Other issues are clean interview suits and paying attention to personal hygiene.

Many websites give endless advice.  My favourite is the University of Kent careers site.

• I have several up to date CVs.   Several because I have four advisors all giving different advice.  Job centre insists I remove address for confidentiality and security.  Recruitment agency insists it must be included.

Also different CVs for different types of jobs.

Some CVs are economical with the truth.

I include a unique customised covering letter with each CV.  I do a better job than one of my advisors. She wrote a letter for me with a Dear Sir/Madam  and closed with yours sincerely.  I prompted her and she said "it doesn't matter". 

Other issues are clean interview suits and paying attention to personal hygiene.

Many websites give endless advice.  My favourite is the University of Kent careers site.

Children