Fed up

i'm a 29 yr old man with aspergers syndrome I haven't worked for 5 years I live alone have no friends and don't know how to get out of this rut I'm in I'm fed up with ritualistic/repetitive behaviours I see my whole life passing by In front of me I just want it all to go away I just want a normal life I literally do the same thing everyday, wander into town have breakfast come home play games watch t.v this isn't the life I wanted I should have a job a family ect I ******* hate the world

*Edited by Moderator

Parents
  • 29 years young!

You still have your youth and I hope, health.

Try volunteering it will help you meet people and maybe get a well paid job.  (Or so I've been told).

Or if you have the money, go on holidays to see new places.  Either travel alone or try organised package holidays.  Stay in some 'nice' hotels.

Try evening classes to improve your education. Also good place to meet women.

Or apply to university, if you haven't been.

• I agree. Learning another languge is also a useful diversion. Challenge the mind, and see how the life that is enforced as "normal" here, is not the only way of life in this world.

Reply Children
  • In my shady past, I've tried evening classes in French, German and Russian.  Also did 'AS' levels in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.  Achieved grade As in all three.  Also GCSEs in Computer Science and Accounting ( Also grade As).  The real reason I went was for the company and female company in particular.

To avoid repetitive behaviour.  I try walking new routes between even familiar places.  Figure out what makes one autistic and try to behave differently to break the pattern.