AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, And "How-To" Use It...#2.

AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, And "How-To" Use It...#2.

A continuation from the first "Thread", which is now quite long, yet only at times digressing.
If anyone cannot find the previous "Thread", then have a go at entering parts of the title of this here thread, into a "Search"-Box.
...Certainly, All who visit, are welcome to paste anything into either that previous Thread or into this new one.

(As always, glad tidings and a generous Thank You, to one and all from myself.) また... がんばって 下さいな...

Parents
  • Dated 10-02-2018, and Yes, this is very long...

A matter which I have long meant to rebegin, as if to close this Thread... despite current problems afflicting this Forum, i.e. - 2018 Posts disappearing. This is to finally re-address the main reason why I began this Thread (its predecessor). And I only rebegin this here, as only now do I know what to do... *now* (!), which I did not know before at all. Seriously...

.....community.autism.org.uk/f/parents-and-carers/9795/dog-to-help-with-anxiety-and-confidence.....

I only figured out, around the middle of January (...), what I did wrong upon that particular Thread. I was both telling the Lady to search the rest of the Internet first, before asking here, YET ALSO telling her to ask others upon here. That was misunderstood...
    ...AND I USED A LOT MORE CAPITAL LETTERS BACK THEN THAN I DO NOW!

Yet it is Four Months now... and this is currently the state of things:

NAS24879 (The Starter. Did also begin another Parent-Chat Thread, asking about how to Chat to other Parents.) I accidentally upset this person, yet she was/is more understanding than this next...

NAS24883 (Registered as if solely to "Dislike" myself, and has not Posted anything since then.)

NAS24896 (...The only person which I myself "Friended"... only to find out that I cannot "Friend" anyone else!)

AngelDust (The other Friend upon that Thread... Still Active, yet I could not "Friend" back, alas...)

Oktanol (... Good, Fine, and lucid... Ah, well, we all know Oktanol...! One of the "old guard", wise, long, profound at times, and still active...(!))

...Back then, before that, the only reason I stayed, despite the intense hatred and my own confusion... was my own sense of Logic. And the fact that I had actually been *Thanked* (but not "liked") by someone upon another Thread (I shall not state who or where). Upon the hated Thread, Instead of deleting what I said, I apologised and remained and argued my case... and, well, here I am. I could have left, yet I did not (Logic). I am still here for now.

If I were to reply to that Thread - knowing then what I know now - ... I would have just Posted LINKS. The trouble was... back then, I did not know how to use this Forum and the Internet so well. And that is what I wanted to say about all of that. Here and now.
    Thank You for Reading.

P.S. - ...If you are "new", then please do not respond to this Post in a haste, Thank You very much, *before* reading through all of this Thread and through all of its Progenitor...

community.autism.org.uk/.../autistic-people-on-the-n-a-s-internet-and-how-to-use-it

...or else, quite bluntly, you shall be Posting through some ignorance. (!) That this Thread is forgotten does not mean that it is no longer relevant. This here Post does not invite replies; it is, as I said, perhaps a sort of "closure" for this Thread. And when it comes to "Older Threads", such as over a Year Old, then it is likely that that person is no longer reading /set as "notified". But I myself am still here... for now...

おやすみなさい...

• Dated 10-02-2018, and Yes, this is very long...

A matter which I have long meant to rebegin, as if to close this Thread... despite current problems afflicting this Forum, i.e. - 2018 Posts disappearing. This is to finally re-address the main reason why I began this Thread (its predecessor). And I only rebegin this here, as only now do I know what to do... *now* (!), which I did not know before at all. Seriously...

.....community.autism.org.uk/f/parents-and-carers/9795/dog-to-help-with-anxiety-and-confidence.....

I only figured out, around the middle of January (...), what I did wrong upon that particular Thread. I was both telling the Lady to search the rest of the Internet first, before asking here, YET ALSO telling her to ask others upon here. That was misunderstood...
    ...AND I USED A LOT MORE CAPITAL LETTERS BACK THEN THAN I DO NOW!

Yet it is Four Months now... and this is currently the state of things:

NAS24879 (The Starter. Did also begin another Parent-Chat Thread, asking about how to Chat to other Parents.) I accidentally upset this person, yet she was/is more understanding than this next...

NAS24883 (Registered as if solely to "Dislike" myself, and has not Posted anything since then.)

NAS24896 (...The only person which I myself "Friended"... only to find out that I cannot "Friend" anyone else!)

AngelDust (The other Friend upon that Thread... Still Active, yet I could not "Friend" back, alas...)

Oktanol (... Good, Fine, and lucid... Ah, well, we all know Oktanol...! One of the "old guard", wise, long, profound at times, and still active...(!))

...Back then, before that, the only reason I stayed, despite the intense hatred and my own confusion... was my own sense of Logic. And the fact that I had actually been *Thanked* (but not "liked") by someone upon another Thread (I shall not state who or where). Upon the hated Thread, Instead of deleting what I said, I apologised and remained and argued my case... and, well, here I am. I could have left, yet I did not (Logic). I am still here for now.

If I were to reply to that Thread - knowing then what I know now - ... I would have just Posted LINKS. The trouble was... back then, I did not know how to use this Forum and the Internet so well. And that is what I wanted to say about all of that. Here and now.
    Thank You for Reading.

P.S. - ...If you are "new", then please do not respond to this Post in a haste, Thank You very much, *before* reading through all of this Thread and through all of its Progenitor...

community.autism.org.uk/.../autistic-people-on-the-n-a-s-internet-and-how-to-use-it

...or else, quite bluntly, you shall be Posting through some ignorance. (!) That this Thread is forgotten does not mean that it is no longer relevant. This here Post does not invite replies; it is, as I said, perhaps a sort of "closure" for this Thread. And when it comes to "Older Threads", such as over a Year Old, then it is likely that that person is no longer reading /set as "notified". But I myself am still here... for now...

おやすみなさい...

Children
  • Haha, you are certainly the first person calling me wise :)

Not sure, think this search for rules that, if always complied with, will always lead to correct results (that is causing no misunderstandings, no overreactions, no posts being deleted etc. in the case of an internet forum) is a bit of an Aspie thing we do, but as much as we try it doesn't always work. Think even if the world were full of Aspies it wouldn't work. Maybe one problem is that we can all (all, as in every human) get upset about something and then we aren't always that sensible and consistent anymore...

Guess generally tips regarding internet etiquette can be useful, but otherwise a lot of things that set off some sort of negative reaction wouldn't really be mentioned anywhere as things to avoid because, depending on the situation, people involved and all that, they may be perfectly fine most of the time. Perhaps a good assumption is that most people don't intentionally hurt others, so when it happens after all it's not because it is what they wanted to do. That's much more difficult to do though when you feel you are the one who has become the target of someone's negative behaviour.