AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, And "How-To" Use It...#2.

AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, And "How-To" Use It...#2.

A continuation from the first "Thread", which is now quite long, yet only at times digressing.
If anyone cannot find the previous "Thread", then have a go at entering parts of the title of this here thread, into a "Search"-Box.
...Certainly, All who visit, are welcome to paste anything into either that previous Thread or into this new one.

(As always, glad tidings and a generous Thank You, to one and all from myself.) また... がんばって 下さいな...

Parents
  • This last may be seen as leisurely reading, and for ease of perusal, I divide it into decades. (It also fits in with the main topic anyway.)

1970s: ...Just to remind anyone that I am over forty years old...

1980s: Computers are in general use, in schools, and "Home Computing" is available. I am one of those persons who may nowadays be referred to as a "Bedroom Coder" (!), and that is how I know about Computer Programming.
    I might be an engineer to this day... yet one day I saw myself beginning to be "Priced Out Of The Market", so-to-speak. I knew how to Code, yet suddenly, in order to "Code", a price needed to be paid for a "Developer's Kit". The prices ranged from around £50 to £500, depending upon who you wanted to "Code" for!

1990s: The Internet is being encouraged. I stay away from it, through one simple fact which I recall at the time:
    "After logging onto or Downloading from the Internet."
    "Is your computer suffering from a VIRUS?"
    "Please Log back on and we shall give you this Anti-Virus Software!"
    ...This is an Illogical thing which continues to this day. In order to cure a problem, why must one revisit a place where even more problems shall next be gained?!

2000s: The Internet is becoming compulsory. All of a sudden, again, Software that was once free, requires a Subscription. Macintosh (x68) becomes Apple (x86). Linux is hijacked by Android. "Smartphones" replace the difference between Palm-computing, E-Readers, and Mobile-Phones. People and Children start to say OMG and LOL and "Google", instead of using "The King's English" (...!).

2010s: The Internet is now forced as compulsory, completely forgetting that the use of it requires MONEY. That people eat Bread or drink Orange-Juice, are now seen as things which are more efficiently farmed and done, provided that in the first place there must have been a "Mobile Phone Signal".

Yet most of all: "Nowadays"...
    All children must be born with an Umbilical Cord... and an EMail address.

End of Post (Rant).

• Brilliant post! It made me come and visit this thread and overcome the laziness to scroll down - and guess what, I figured out it wasn't really necessary anymore - got from the link in the email-notification straight to this post rather than to the top of the whole thread! So that's another thing that has been sorted then, thanks to WebPM for this! And yes, the Sign In via Reply is fixed and works beautifully now - I meant to say thanks for that too but couldn't quite face the scrolling down, especially not in the other thread by a Mod about feedback on technical things with the forum.

Anyway, you hit the nail on the head with your timeline! Thanks for that, it made my morning!

Please don't feel like you have to post and run! It can be for all sorts of reasons why nobody or few respond, including a lack of time, a headache, general confusion about the world... We all have to try not to take it personally and sometimes that's hard (maybe it's a bit of an aspie thing too - if I see something as an issue then I just can't imagine that others do see the same thing but think not much of it, my assumption will be that they haven't actually seen or understood it, so I keep pointing it out and explain it over and over again, more so in real life). Having eventually looked up what your name actually means I guess you are quite familiar with that problem - it's a fitting aspie name too, which others would perhaps see as being overly honest... And sometimes we say something that offends others, without any intention to do so, or we are offended and aren't terribly good in moderating the response (well, some here seem to be but not everybody, and that's probably to be expected too). So please dare to chat if you feel like it (and the devices do too - seems that may be the bigger issue)!

• To "Oktanol":

Thank You Kindly for posting here. Yet, it I reply with some uncertainty. I am glad of your sympathy, and of having brought some cheer to your good self... *ahem!* yet, I must say that THAT Post was a good fifteen years in the making, that is for certain. That is to say, I likely cannot Post such a thing again. And, to further discuss THAT Post, I could Post nothing much more, apart from my own lamenting about how much I miss "Macintosh" and my own Linux-Based "EEE-PC"... Yet such lamentations would begin a separate Thread altogether, perhaps...(!)

Closing my reply, and quoting from your own Post:
    Oktanol -- "So please dare to chat if you feel like it (and the devices do too - seems that may be the bigger issue)!"
    ...Thank You for any invitation, yet I must decline. Yes, my "devices" *are* indeed the "bigger issue". For all I know, right in the middle of "chatting", they may RESET!! As I said, I am "bracing myself" for the worst, and so I do not tempt fate. I am and was experiencing "The Internet"/"Social Media" for a first time, and now I know enough of what it is about, thanks to this Forum and to all of you (after about 2 Months, now).
    ...No, this is not a "Goodbye" - see the previous Posts (!) --- but the thing is... I never know when it will indeed be my last Post ...!!!!!... so I invite no troubles. I am closing this Reply, now, Good Fortune to you.

• To "Oktanol":

Thank You Kindly for posting here. Yet, it I reply with some uncertainty. I am glad of your sympathy, and of having brought some cheer to your good self... *ahem!* yet, I must say that THAT Post was a good fifteen years in the making, that is for certain. That is to say, I likely cannot Post such a thing again. And, to further discuss THAT Post, I could Post nothing much more, apart from my own lamenting about how much I miss "Macintosh" and my own Linux-Based "EEE-PC"... Yet such lamentations would begin a separate Thread altogether, perhaps...(!)

Closing my reply, and quoting from your own Post:
    Oktanol -- "So please dare to chat if you feel like it (and the devices do too - seems that may be the bigger issue)!"
    ...Thank You for any invitation, yet I must decline. Yes, my "devices" *are* indeed the "bigger issue". For all I know, right in the middle of "chatting", they may RESET!! As I said, I am "bracing myself" for the worst, and so I do not tempt fate. I am and was experiencing "The Internet"/"Social Media" for a first time, and now I know enough of what it is about, thanks to this Forum and to all of you (after about 2 Months, now).
    ...No, this is not a "Goodbye" - see the previous Posts (!) --- but the thing is... I never know when it will indeed be my last Post ...!!!!!... so I invite no troubles. I am closing this Reply, now, Good Fortune to you.

Children
No Data