AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, And "How-To" Use It...#2.

AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, And "How-To" Use It...#2.

A continuation from the first "Thread", which is now quite long, yet only at times digressing.
If anyone cannot find the previous "Thread", then have a go at entering parts of the title of this here thread, into a "Search"-Box.
...Certainly, All who visit, are welcome to paste anything into either that previous Thread or into this new one.

(As always, glad tidings and a generous Thank You, to one and all from myself.) また... がんばって 下さいな...

Parents
  • And a further general catch up.

It's good that the update to the underlying software that we have deployed has improved things. Apart from the better "activity streams" when you are viewing other users' profiles, access to latest posts in a thread also seems better. You can use the "View online" link in a notification email to jump to a new post in its location in the thread. You can also jump there from the "activity stream" on the Community's home page, using the links that say "2 hours ago" or whatever for the posting time for a new message.

We're now investigating options, when you're already viewing a thread, to make it easier to find the latest posts. We'll let you know what we come up with. We've also noted the point about the loss of views and responses information in mobile view.

The work of my colleagues in the moderator team, in keeping things here friendly and tolerant, is not to be underestimated; I've seen one or two of the things that they have dealt with. A number of our moderators are volunteers. Whilst the vast majority of posts need no intervention, I don't think the Community would be sustainable without them.

• And a further general catch up.

It's good that the update to the underlying software that we have deployed has improved things. Apart from the better "activity streams" when you are viewing other users' profiles, access to latest posts in a thread also seems better. You can use the "View online" link in a notification email to jump to a new post in its location in the thread. You can also jump there from the "activity stream" on the Community's home page, using the links that say "2 hours ago" or whatever for the posting time for a new message.

We're now investigating options, when you're already viewing a thread, to make it easier to find the latest posts. We'll let you know what we come up with. We've also noted the point about the loss of views and responses information in mobile view.

The work of my colleagues in the moderator team, in keeping things here friendly and tolerant, is not to be underestimated; I've seen one or two of the things that they have dealt with. A number of our moderators are volunteers. Whilst the vast majority of posts need no intervention, I don't think the Community would be sustainable without them.

Children
  • To MisterWebPM... Gosh, Goodness Gracious... I gained a Reply to this Thread, upon the next working day, and so, I am, gracious me, knowing little else to express apart from reciprocation via another great "Thank You"...!?

After attempt to compose myself - again at Three in a Morning (!), I shall reply somewhat matter-of-factly...
    Concerning Paragraph One: ... Um, Again, Thank You for Posting HERE. All of what is written is a good thing (can't check all of it for myself though, but I do not worry... I have my own "Ticking Time Bomb" to worry about!)... yes, all of this is fine (だね...!).

Paragraph Two: Another thing which I have wanted to suggest for a while... yet you, Mister, are working hard already? Also, I cannot recall where I have seen these, yet I suggest the following:

A "BACK TO TOP" BUTTON.
    And/or A "BACK TO BOTTOM" BUTTON.
    ...OR - A "TO BOTTOM (of Thread)" Button.

I am aware (upon this E-Reader at least), that this Forum (NAS), has a row of Buttons, just below the "Top Replies" Posts, section... which gives the following options:

- Oldest Votes Newest -

...Yet clicking upon "Newest" does indeed show the "Newest" Post in a manner which I can myself understand, yet then if contained within a Sub-Thread, it rearranges ALL other Replies in a sort of backwards, crazy order. That is to say, anyone reading this, may try this upon several different Threads and you should see what I mean concerning inconsistencies, I presume...?
    I do not know what can be done about this, apart from adding the "Buttons" which I suggested there.

Paragraph Three: Concerning "Moderators"... Yes good Sir, I understand that. Really, I do. What I meant was that I respect yourself in a different way from, well, "them". I wrote that in my Post(s), there. (House, Maintenance, Buying.)

...I also mentioned this, in a manner, in the previous Thread related to this Thread. Concerning the "Helpful Response" from NAS. I have "attempted" this myself, and so I do know something about it (The word starts with "S" and and ends with "CIDE"). It is hard for persons to understand such very difficult matters, until they themselves experience such very difficult matters... and the only reason why I speak with ambiguity concerning it here, is that I do not need NAS to Post that "Helpful Response" here!
    (If anyone else wants to begin about it here, then, well, it is not me!)

Lastly, I am aware that I linger here, after attempting "Facebook", due to NAS watching, and of their making certain that, unlike most Forums, anyone cannot for long get away with Posting the likes of:

"I will #?"#!= you, YOU #/+"#!&$ &$#=&!, you are so #&$#?#!&#!##&$... xxx LOLLLL!! "

...That sort of thing. (Edited by myself, not by NAS, there.) To close this (Yikes, it is Four in the Morning, now!!), I reiterate that I respect NAS for as if dealing with people (...), yet without your good self, they would have few means by which to invite people with whom they could deal. That is what I mean.

End of Post.