AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, And "How-To" Use It...#2.

AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, And "How-To" Use It...#2.

A continuation from the first "Thread", which is now quite long, yet only at times digressing.
If anyone cannot find the previous "Thread", then have a go at entering parts of the title of this here thread, into a "Search"-Box.
...Certainly, All who visit, are welcome to paste anything into either that previous Thread or into this new one.

(As always, glad tidings and a generous Thank You, to one and all from myself.) また... がんばって 下さいな...

Parents
  • Good Evening to all who may read...
    This Post may also explain or apologise for so very many matters which sort of are, yet are mostly sort of not, the faults of myself and of NAS. And it may explain why I might not be "Online" for much longer...
    There have been a few Posts I should like to reply to since the NAS UPDATE (28-11-2017), and some replies are directly to myself. Because they are so varied and some are in long Threads, I had to choose this Short Generalised Thread in order to summarize, yet to write this lo-o-ong answer...

All of my devices are "old" (5 years, 8 years). Before the update, I found that my iPod was beginning to give errors concerning things which it had been doing for many years - such as Charging (!!!) - and so I had to turn off "Notifications", totally. Since the Update, now my iPod shows only Websites and Thread introductions ...NO replies any longer.
    Before the update, I used - and am right now using - my E-Reader. Yet since the update, now this is also throwing a bit of a strop, and Histories and Replies are showing up either in the wrong order or not at all.
    As I said, this is NOT the fault of NAS, yet I must add that, because I cannot afford newer devices, I cannot really resolve this "ticking time bomb", and so I only Post this to let anyone know that I am not being rude if I do not reply, but... well... I need what little I have, much more than I need to use the Internet...
    To try and close this Post, I say again that it is not really anyone's fault (except the current U.K.Economic Climate dictating that some 60% of all Autistic persons are unemployed according to the NAS "I Exist" Campaign, which says that only '15% are in full-time employment', etc. etc.).
    ...If I ever gain a NEW device, I may return with renewed enthusiasm. In the meantime, I may still Post here and there...

Yet, to end in a lighter mood...
    "...*cough cough* ...oh... don't worry... *splutter* ...I'll be okay... g-gotta catch my breath... please do... go on without me...! *cough*...(!)"

• I'm really sorry to hear this. One thing that I would definitely recommend, if you're seeing strange behaviour after a site update, is to clear your browser cache. I'm not sure how to do that without knowing exactly what device and version you have, but Googling usually produces instructions. Having a mixture of the old and the new versions of any site can produce very unpredictable results.

The changes made should have been relatively small; whilst, as you recognise, supporting older devices indefinitely is nearly impossible (because we're using standards that are moving on all the time), I would not have expected this update to affect you so much.

• I'm really sorry to hear this. One thing that I would definitely recommend, if you're seeing strange behaviour after a site update, is to clear your browser cache. I'm not sure how to do that without knowing exactly what device and version you have, but Googling usually produces instructions. Having a mixture of the old and the new versions of any site can produce very unpredictable results.

The changes made should have been relatively small; whilst, as you recognise, supporting older devices indefinitely is nearly impossible (because we're using standards that are moving on all the time), I would not have expected this update to affect you so much.

Children
  • Glad tidings to your good self, Mr.WebPM. This is another Thank You for Posting *here* (!)...

...And I note, that no-one else has as yet Posted what I next say, and so allow me to be the first --- To "Thank You Very Much!" for resolving that "Reply Button" business...?

What I next and ever after say, here, shall always relate to the MAIN topic: For I *am* indeed 'An Autistic Person Using The (NAS) Internet'. And, as it appears that few else remain, contributing to this Thread (after the Update), I shall use this Thread to perhaps "waffle" or "vent" regardless... until I am - technologically - unable to do so...
    Thus, the next main Posts (2 of them) to follow this one, shall be the start (or end?!) of my doing such. Both are part of one of the "longer replies" which I wrote upon the Friday, yet I edit them and Post them now. It must no longer worry me as much as it used to, whether by others, what I ever after post here, is read or understood or is replied to (Here, only in This Thread.). I can do nothing about my devices being "old", and the "Ticking Time Bomb" as I Posted before.
    When after more than a Month, I Post no more, in any place at all, then all may know that my devices (or myself) have been forced to QUIT this entire "Internet" business.

Fair Play to All, and to All, a Good Fortune!

• This is difficult, for I feel that I *must* Post *something* in acknowledgement...
    ...And I spent the last 2 & 1/2 hours writing longer replies, and yet now it is Three-Thirty in the morning after... and so all I can manage is another "Thank You" with a very great and especial respect to yourself alone. (You build and maintain "houses", while NAS only buys the "house" and invites people to visit, is what I mean by respect for you alone, there.)