Fascination With Lights

Hello,

My name is Tom and I have Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I currently study Experimental Film Production at Staffordshire University.

I am doing a short film about the beauty of lights and how mesmerizing they are. This is due to my personal obsession with lights, which with some research I see I am not alone in the Autism Community.

I was wondering if people have the same obsession / fascination as me, and if they have a particular favourite light?

Any answer could help me shape my research and how my film turns out in the end.

Thank you for your time,

Tom

• Earlier in February I posted on this forum, see above, about research for my film about Lights.

The film was based upon me having Autism and my obsession of staring at lights for extended period of times. Now after researching I found I was not the only one who enjoyed this and the film is now finished.

So for all that enjoy lights or just want to watch a colourful film, enjoy http://vimeo.com/23323594

Comment below and thank you for reading / watching and this film was made with Autistic people in mind so enjoy and spread the word around the community.

• Hi my name is Massimo also on the spectrum and love lights. Philips Imageo LED Candle lights are superb - and come in different colours. Blue helps calm me and this is the light I use before bed and also to wake up to.

shop.philips.com/store

• i guess loving lights isnt such a bad thing! :) hope it all goes well

• Hi Tom,

My children love those fibreoptic lamps which look like lots of tiny lights and bounce around nicely when you touch them. We've also got a laser lamp which projects a lovely realxing blue sea effect on the walls as well as slow moving red laser - very calming.

Your film sounds very interesting - good luck with it.Smile

Sandra

• i think the bible says something like, the first thing god did was say "let there be light!" so the first day we call it sun-day :D

• Have a look at my site, MODELAIRCRAFTMUSEUM.COM. There are many images on it. Two sets of pictures on the mainpage cycle through a library of images for you to see. Yes, the prismatic filtering of light into an infinite gradation of colours. It is fascinating to me as well. I used to squint my eyelids a lot to get that hazy effect. It was one of my childhood stims, and had a noise that went with it. P.