Support after autism diagnosis. Please could you read my description as I would really like some advice.

My son is now 7 years old and is in Year 2 at a mainstream primary school. He does NOT have a statement or whatever it's called now.

When he was diagnosed back in 2013 we were given his diagnosis and it was pretty much there's the diagnosis. Now get on with the rest of your lives. Absolutely no support.

Is that the same with you and your child?

What I need advice on is how to help him with his emotions. He cries most days at school. Pretty much if he doesn't get his own way or if he wants to play with someone and they dont want to play with him. He's already being made fun of because he cries a lot. Just wondered if anyone else's child is similar to this and what you have done to help them deal with their emotions or if school or external source have done anything to support them.

Also how have school helped your child to focus if that is also an issue with them.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and sorry it's so long!

Parents
  • Hi my little boy is 7yrs old newly diagnosed. He is also emotional and cries a lot at school. I live in Newcastle and it's the same no help. But we do have a sendias person who is based in local council but is independent who is a great source of help and info. Mind you only found out from Google!

• Hi my little boy is 7yrs old newly diagnosed. He is also emotional and cries a lot at school. I live in Newcastle and it's the same no help. But we do have a sendias person who is based in local council but is independent who is a great source of help and info. Mind you only found out from Google!

Children
No Data