Ear Defenders

Does anyone know any good ear defenders? My daughter, 16, would like another pair because the other ones are too tight. 

How do you reduce the noise without ear defenders. We are on holiday, and she loves the night entertainment, only thing, it's too loud for her. Yesterday she had a meltdown, but still wanted to join in but couldn't. We have stupidly left her ear defenders at home and can't find any when we go out. We don't have anything to go in the ears that she could wear. My own fault for not bringing them. 

Parents
  • Hi there,

I recently purchased the Loop Earplugs "Experience Pro" and I'm quite impressed with them. They are basically the same size as those in-ear earphones and the "Experience Pro" package provides a little carry case which you can attach to things. They are approx. £30 so much less expensive than some of the high tech alternatives. That being said, they only block low frequency sounds such as background noises and don't really block out voices, only dampen them slightly. Usually this is sufficient for my purposes but I don't think that they will work for everyone. 

Sp. Oc.

• Hi there,

I recently purchased the Loop Earplugs "Experience Pro" and I'm quite impressed with them. They are basically the same size as those in-ear earphones and the "Experience Pro" package provides a little carry case which you can attach to things. They are approx. £30 so much less expensive than some of the high tech alternatives. That being said, they only block low frequency sounds such as background noises and don't really block out voices, only dampen them slightly. Usually this is sufficient for my purposes but I don't think that they will work for everyone. 

Sp. Oc.

Children
  • Hi SpaceOctopus,

Your earplugs sound similar to some I had purchased a few months ago (Vibes Hi-Fidelity Earplugs), for around the same price I think. I had been after something that would help to muffle background noise when I was outdoors. I remain undecided as to what I think of them.