Special Interests

I don't mind calling an obsession an obsession if it occupies every waking hour of my day, though it seems to be increasingly un-PC and now we talk about 'special interests.' All that aside, what's everyone interested in?

For me as a child it was dinosaurs, then Ancient Egypt and then Pokemon, in that order.

Parents
  • Glad I found this thread as I was going to post something similar.

I find I have a few key interests that remain long-term with a few short term intense ones that vary.

Long-term interests are:

- rabbits

- collecting and analysing personal data (weight, steps, miles covered etc.)

- motorbikes and cars

- nutrition and food

Current short term ones are:

- planners

- architecture

- All music by Gary Numan

- search engine optimisation

- environmental technology (wind farms, solar, smart grids) although this is becoming more of a long-term interest

Does anyone else find they have short term very intense 'obsessions/interests' in particular things?  For me these can last anything from a couple of weeks to months, but I find I have to know everything about it and completely exhaust it before I can move on to the next interest.

• I am a long term Numan fan, so I am with you on this - very pleased to see how his new album 'Savage' is doing in the indie charts.

I subject hop a lot, but somehow I am able to tie the subjects together, if that makes any sense.

• Yes Savage is a great album and I am seeing him at Manchester Academy next Friday so can't wait for that!

Yes I understand how your interests link and lead onto others.  I also revisit interests as well from time to time.

Reply Children