Online Community - Comments, Improvements and Feedback

Dear Community,

We were pleased to see so many comments about the community on the recent thread about the Leader Board. We are always wanting to learn more about how we can develop the community and so have locked the previous thread so that all comments and suggestions about general improvements to the community can now be placed here on this thread.

Please comment here on any ideas, improvements or feedback you have about the Online Community. 

Please note that although we take on board all your ideas, we may not be able to implement all of them.

As always, please be kind and respectful when commenting to each other.

Thanks,

NAS Moderators

Parents
  • Hello Mods. I see there have been changes on the layout.. it was unexpected and would have been nice to have some warning especially seeing that us aspies aren’t good at surprises. I haven’t looked around properly but am disappointed you have removed the number of views a thread has had and how many responses. Quite often I’m very tired and though would like to respond more, I just don’t have the energy. Therefore it’s good to see that a post has a reply without having to open it and also if there is recent activity on it. 

The other thing is... what are the lines on the side of the posts? They are really distracting and would like them removed unless they have a functional purpose. 

Thanks 

• I haven’t looked around properly but am disappointed you have removed the number of views a thread has had and how many responses.

As of this present time ~ 16:48 29/12017 there is:

• 22 subscribers
    • 2 members are here

As being at the top right hand side of my lap-top screen, where the original poster avatar image etc used to be, is this not the case for you?

• It doesn’t show up on my iPhone no. Not on the front page or on the thread itself. But isn’t that when you log into a thread? My point is that when deciding whether  to open a thread or not part of my decision is based on whether someone has had a response or not ; if they have , then when I’m really tired I won’t look but if they haven’t, I do look because I don’t like new people to be left unanswered. On the other hand with lots of answers it means a discussion is going on and I sometimes just read them. It probably seems awful to be so selective but I just don’t have the energy to manage otherwise. It used to say x number of views and y number of responses which I found helpful. 

• I have a deep loathing of telephones in general and mobiles and 'smart' phones in particular.

I can use my landline telephone well enough, but mobile phones and smart-phones are pretty irrelevant to me ~ I am a call me at home type, as dealing with the outside world and people is tricky enough without adding telecommunication device distractions to it all.

Being a supporter of open software, I am not a fan of Apple.

I know nothing of Apple technology etc, but am well into non-profit corporations like Linux etc ~ yet so not in the specifically or technically detailed sense.

• Hold on a minute ~ perhaps '' knows what is what here?

Sorry, I do not.

I have a deep loathing of telephones in general and mobiles and 'smart' phones in particular. I have a mobile for emergency but do not own a 'smart' phone. I was given an Android tablet as a present a while ago but rarely use it and know very little about mobile computing.

• Good luck

Thankyou ~ when it comes to computing I very much need it, or more often than not someone who actually knows what their doing!

I put a few links in above that did not link, so I am going to put it in below again in case it is needed.

How to View a Full Desktop Website in Safari for iPhone - OS X Daily

Hold on a minute ~ perhaps 'Former Member' knows what is what here?

Reply Children

• I have a deep loathing of telephones in general and mobiles and 'smart' phones in particular.

I can use my landline telephone well enough, but mobile phones and smart-phones are pretty irrelevant to me ~ I am a call me at home type, as dealing with the outside world and people is tricky enough without adding telecommunication device distractions to it all.

I know nothing of Apple technology etc, but am well into non-profit corporations like Linux etc ~ yet so not in the specifically or technically detailed sense.

• Hold on a minute ~ perhaps '' knows what is what here?

Sorry, I do not.

I have a deep loathing of telephones in general and mobiles and 'smart' phones in particular. I have a mobile for emergency but do not own a 'smart' phone. I was given an Android tablet as a present a while ago but rarely use it and know very little about mobile computing.