What's the most exciting thing you've ever done AND enjoyed?

I once was a passenger in a Tiger Moth biplane. It gave me a real buzz and was really exciting. Another time I rode in a motorcycle sidecar. And on another I rode in a Lagonda. Following vintage sports cars on the Flying Scotsman road rally to their next gathering point then watch all the different cars set off was fun too. Mm didn't realise I was such a petrolhead! But they were all exciting experiences which I enjoyed even at the time which is rare. 

How about you? What have you found exciting and fun ( clean answers only thanks! )

Parents
  • Flying to the US for the first time to work on a kid's summer camp in Connecticut - about 50 miles from NYC.  I didn't realise until I got there that it was one of the richest camps in America - the children of the elite - so the facilities were amazing.  There was a lake about a mile wide, so every day after work it was swimming, sunbathing, canoeing, windsurfing.... and the wildest parties.  Paul Newman had a holiday home on the other side of the lake.

The kid's were horribly spoiled, though, as you can imagine.  Parents' visiting day was like a car show.  Ferraris, Lambourghinis, Rollers...  One even came by helicopter. 

Afterwards, I traveled the US and Canada by Greyhound, doing the whole Jack Kerouac thing, visiting all the tourist places - Niagara Falls, Toronto, Grand Canyon, Devil's Tower, Las Vegas.  I slept on the bus, eating and washing at gas stations.  I was pretty sick when I got home!

It was also probably the bravest thing I've ever done.

• .....still work in progress on this one.....but the bucket list is very long........ ho hum...

Reply Children
No Data