What would an ASD Utopia be like?

With BBC 4 showing a documentary in the coming days on our pursuit of Utopia...(http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2017/bbc-four-utopia-season). Just for a bit of weekend grey matter exercise.....What would this utopian state be like in your opinion?

Parents
  • So my light hearted version of Utopia would have:

Touch screen devices would definately be swapped for things with big clicky switches,

Lights would dim as you look towards them,

People would not actually be able to get to close to you, and would only be able to talk to you when you are ready to listen to them,

Hairdressers would not talk to you or have mirrors,

Supermarkets would let ASD people in when all the shelves are full, before they get ransacked by people who leave things in the wrong places,

If politicians lie, or are proven not to understand they would be sacked immediately,

Social media would not allow people to tell others what they have been doing if it is not some sort of life changing event. People who then break this and tell people every time they eat something would be silenced for a set period of time,

• So my light hearted version of Utopia would have:

Touch screen devices would definately be swapped for things with big clicky switches,

Lights would dim as you look towards them,

People would not actually be able to get to close to you, and would only be able to talk to you when you are ready to listen to them,

Hairdressers would not talk to you or have mirrors,

Supermarkets would let ASD people in when all the shelves are full, before they get ransacked by people who leave things in the wrong places,

If politicians lie, or are proven not to understand they would be sacked immediately,

Social media would not allow people to tell others what they have been doing if it is not some sort of life changing event. People who then break this and tell people every time they eat something would be silenced for a set period of time,

Children
  • I love gadgets with buttons.

• My more serious Utopia, or Autopia (Thanks Tom):

A place of acceptance and no pressure to conform.

I think everyone should have the same opportunity to learn about themselves, without judgement or pressure. Also bullying, persecution and hatred should be dealt with by banishment of the persecutors to a place where they cannot continue to harm peoples lives. Almost every problem in the world I see comes down to one of those 3 problems, but in a world where we are all part of the same human race, people should all have the same right to a life free from fear, and have the opportunity to live the life they want to live, within a single set of rules which should be set to properly protect the human rights of all people, regardless of orientation, religion and race

• The hairdresser thing!!  I haven't been for years as the last time was utter trauma and I ended up shaking all over, I don't know how the poor woman managed to cut it. I cut it myself now when it's long enough to reach over my head, so it's longer than I'd like.  My Mum helpfully told me I looked like a witch a couple of years ago increasing my aversion to mirrors.

• Haha!  Yes.  I go to a Turkish barber.  Not only does he do a great haircut - he doesn't speak English very well.  So... all I hear is snip-snip-snip - and all I say is 'Please' and 'Thanks'. Slight smile