A change for the worse

"Autism friendly"? No, I don't think so. The original format worked and was a logical set up that was easy to use, this new format is a total illogical mess. The number of posts on this forum and the number of users making them were already in decline. I think this new layout will simply hasten that process. I for one won't be using or visiting this site in future. In fact as soon as I post this I'm going to close my account here.

Parents
  • I'm afraid that I have to add my voice to the chorus of disapproval, since I find this new version of the forums so unpleasant that it actually hurts my eyes trying to read it.

I don't understand why there have to be so many distracting & unnecessary changes in font size on screen at the same time. The old forums were cleanly laid out & easy to use, whereas the new format is messy, illogical & last but definitely not least, ugly!

The thread indenttion format seems to have been copied from that used on many online news sites, which is fine for clickbait flaming wars, but not for serious discussion.

I understand that the code needed to be updated, but if people on the Autistic spectrum typically prefer consistency to unnecessary change, then why didn't you just try to recreate the previous format as closely as possible?

Being a programmer myself, I get the impression that one possible reason for the strange layouts & random changes in font size is that the new forums might have been built using 'off the peg' software interface with limited options.

• I'm afraid that I have to add my voice to the chorus of disapproval, since I find this new version of the forums so unpleasant that it actually hurts my eyes trying to read it.

I don't understand why there have to be so many distracting & unnecessary changes in font size on screen at the same time. The old forums were cleanly laid out & easy to use, whereas the new format is messy, illogical & last but definitely not least, ugly!

The thread indenttion format seems to have been copied from that used on many online news sites, which is fine for clickbait flaming wars, but not for serious discussion.

I understand that the code needed to be updated, but if people on the Autistic spectrum typically prefer consistency to unnecessary change, then why didn't you just try to recreate the previous format as closely as possible?

Being a programmer myself, I get the impression that one possible reason for the strange layouts & random changes in font size is that the new forums might have been built using 'off the peg' software interface with limited options.

Children
  • Northern Geek said:

Hi Northern Geek,

Amongst other things, I am a hard-copy graphic designer and artist who uses pencil crayons, inks and acrylics as mediums; more usually on paper . . . once in every while or so.

I basically though have difficulty understanding and comprehending computer terms, and I find that coding completely and utterly baffles me. As such  ~ someone informed me that the option of, 'Wallpapers', or in Java, 'Screens' ~ should be available in 'off the peg' limited version software interfaces.

Have I above recounted relevant and correct information for resolving the problems of limited colour balance and hence the excessive white glare?