Muddling Dreams and Reality?

I am trying to understand my autistic 8 year old better.  Has anyone ever had dreams that then become confused as reality?  Is this an autistic trait?

Thanks

CJ

Parents
  • A lucid dream is one where someone becomes aware of themselves dreaming but remains asleep.  Apparently some people can actually then influence the course that the dream takes, though in my case I'm either along for the rollercoaster ride or (more typically) I wake up pretty much immediately.

I don't know if it's unusual for someone to think something they dreamt really happened and whether that's an at all autistic thing to do or just one of those things that experience teaches you: I think I've become a more suspicious, cynical old grump as I've aged and the way I vew my unconscious mind and its shenanigans is no exception!

I think the toilet dreams are often the obvious one where you actually need to go, but I have heard they can represent a general feeling of insecurity too, in my case just of going out and dealing with people since I'm quite agoraphobic and often have dreams where I'm out and about.  Interesting that I'm actually much more sociable and mobile in my dreams but finding toilets with broken door-latches and so on is apparently my payback!

• A lucid dream is one where someone becomes aware of themselves dreaming but remains asleep.  Apparently some people can actually then influence the course that the dream takes, though in my case I'm either along for the rollercoaster ride or (more typically) I wake up pretty much immediately.

I don't know if it's unusual for someone to think something they dreamt really happened and whether that's an at all autistic thing to do or just one of those things that experience teaches you: I think I've become a more suspicious, cynical old grump as I've aged and the way I vew my unconscious mind and its shenanigans is no exception!

I think the toilet dreams are often the obvious one where you actually need to go, but I have heard they can represent a general feeling of insecurity too, in my case just of going out and dealing with people since I'm quite agoraphobic and often have dreams where I'm out and about.  Interesting that I'm actually much more sociable and mobile in my dreams but finding toilets with broken door-latches and so on is apparently my payback!

Children
No Data