Finding a job

I've recently had all my benefits stopped and have been told I have to find a job. I haven't had a job in over 10 years and even just thinking about it makes me feel sick and anxious. I can't even bring myself to look at a job search website, let alone go to the job centre, go to interviews or......go to work!! What am I supposed to do? I have no money coming in at all now. I could in theory apply for job seekers allowance but I know I'd be kicked off of it almost straight away because I wouldn't be able to apply for all the jobs they tell me too. I'm feeling abandoned by the system and completely without help. Almost feel like I'm being punished for having ASD :(

Parents
  • Hi grahame22,

This is a dreadful situation.  Can I just ask - why were your benefits stopped?  Were you on ESA and failed a Work Capability Assessment?  If so, you can appeal, and your benefits will be reinstated.  If the appeal fails, you can take it to a tribunal - and your benefits will still be reinstated.

Do you have a diagnosis for ASD?

Tom

• Hi grahame22,

This is a dreadful situation.  Can I just ask - why were your benefits stopped?  Were you on ESA and failed a Work Capability Assessment?  If so, you can appeal, and your benefits will be reinstated.  If the appeal fails, you can take it to a tribunal - and your benefits will still be reinstated.

Do you have a diagnosis for ASD?

Tom

Children
No Data