When do you put up your Christmas tree?

I know, I know - it's still September (although only just)!

If you're among those of us who celebrate Christmas - or who otherwise enjoy the seasonal decorations and festivities - when do you prefer to put your tree up?

In my case, I've been stealthily bringing the date forward over each of the last few years. I love the twinkling tree lights, sitting to the side of my view in the living room each evening. And I find it generally helps to lift my mood Smile

I wondered whether anyone else here might also be in the habit of banking extra seasonal pleasure by doing the same? Santa 

Parents
  • I don't have a great concept of time so I'm not sure when my mom usually puts it up. Probably December? 

If I was in charge of it though my awnser would be never. 

Christmas trees can be expensive (depending on what you get), they take up space in storage during the rest of the year, take up space DURING the holiday too (and then you have to rearrange things), its difficult to assemble. Just inconvenient I think. Then it also will 'need' decorations.. Decorations usually equal glitter and glitter should not exist (it NEVER leaves. Causes many lovely panic attacks). The lights are bright too.

Anyway, I don't think the 'cons' of having a tree is worth the 'pros'. Pros being... I don't know. It's just a decoration from tradition or something.

One year my parents got a real-life tree and that was loads worse than a fake one. I wore 2 face masks + nose plug thing for the however many weeks it was up, and I still felt like I could smell it. Eating is difficult to do when your nose is not available. Also it probably had bugs and sap(? idk if Christmas trees have that) and we killed a tree just to have it for a month.

(Im just a Grinch Shrug)

• I don't have a great concept of time so I'm not sure when my mom usually puts it up. Probably December? 

If I was in charge of it though my awnser would be never. 

Christmas trees can be expensive (depending on what you get), they take up space in storage during the rest of the year, take up space DURING the holiday too (and then you have to rearrange things), its difficult to assemble. Just inconvenient I think. Then it also will 'need' decorations.. Decorations usually equal glitter and glitter should not exist (it NEVER leaves. Causes many lovely panic attacks). The lights are bright too.

Anyway, I don't think the 'cons' of having a tree is worth the 'pros'. Pros being... I don't know. It's just a decoration from tradition or something.

One year my parents got a real-life tree and that was loads worse than a fake one. I wore 2 face masks + nose plug thing for the however many weeks it was up, and I still felt like I could smell it. Eating is difficult to do when your nose is not available. Also it probably had bugs and sap(? idk if Christmas trees have that) and we killed a tree just to have it for a month.

(Im just a Grinch Shrug)

Children
No Data