Defence Lawyers using defence of ASD for offenders that commit serious crime.

I have noticed an increase in the media and defence lawyers using ASD as an excuse for those offenders that commit the most serious of crimes.

I feel the only mental health defence that is permittable is when you are deemed by law to be Criminally Insane.

It really pisses me off when the media say the preprtator is a LONER or has ASD.

I am a loner and have been all my life and recently diagnosed as Austistic, I still knew right from wrong.

I think its offensive to tag ASD to these criminals as us all get tarred with the same brush and people will worry if we are potential killers because of our ASD.

What are your thoughts? Could the NAS not contact the media and tell them to stop saying the preprtator is on the spectrum or ASD?.

Parents
  • Theres no excuse for any crime that said we need to be a le to identify peoples needs not only to help them but to help others and avoid issues 

Yes some people with asd may have a younger mind but also have urges which leads to an offense but A they still did wrong and B using asd as a defense tarnisheseveryone 

• Theres no excuse for any crime that said we need to be a le to identify peoples needs not only to help them but to help others and avoid issues 

Yes some people with asd may have a younger mind but also have urges which leads to an offense but A they still did wrong and B using asd as a defense tarnisheseveryone 

Children
No Data