Parting is such sweet sorrow!

I left my car with the mechanic, along with the two keys, the MOT certificate and the Taxbook. It's time to move on.

Now, it's the time to get a replacement car. Some, from Northern Ireland, bring cars from Britain; via the ferry. However, having seen the road layouts in England and Scotland, the thought of driving there fills me with dread. So far, nothing tickling my fancy here.

My main focus is to get one cheaper to insure. Plus, one with enough room for my Artist friend's mobility scooter.

Pray to God.

Parents
  • Did You manage to find out what the problem was with Your car ?

• The turbo requires changing.

However, I need to ask other men about a replacement car. My cleaner would simply head to Facebook Marketplace for a replacement car; the refuge of the damned.

• The turbo ? Ouch !
    I thought the problem only happened AFTER the m.o.t Desmond.
    Were the noise symptoms there before ?

• Could it be one of those things that gives no warning before packing up?

There is a tell tale sign of it burning oil (blue smoke from the exhaust) after it has been sat idling for a minute - when you drive off you leave a blue cloud behind you.

If you don't stop much or look in your rear view mirror at the right time then it is easy to miss and one day the engine warning light goes on and the car goes into "limp home" mode if you are lucky, or your engine implodes if you are unlucky..

I had one changed on my Golf back in 2017 and it cost £800, so not cheap.

If I'm mansplaining this then please tell me - it is one thing I'm rubbish at working out if I'm doing it or not.

• Could it be one of those things that gives no warning before packing up?

There is a tell tale sign of it burning oil (blue smoke from the exhaust) after it has been sat idling for a minute - when you drive off you leave a blue cloud behind you.

If you don't stop much or look in your rear view mirror at the right time then it is easy to miss and one day the engine warning light goes on and the car goes into "limp home" mode if you are lucky, or your engine implodes if you are unlucky..

I had one changed on my Golf back in 2017 and it cost £800, so not cheap.

If I'm mansplaining this then please tell me - it is one thing I'm rubbish at working out if I'm doing it or not.

Children
No Data