Bits and bobs, this and that

I thought I'd start a more general thread where we can just post little things, like how our day has been, funny incidents etc that don't need much in the way of answer, but just everyday nonsense.

I'm covered in little catty claw pin *** marks, from newly returned Boris cat reaching up and trying to pull my trousers down! He's realised that one of the best ways to get a human to do what he wants is to stretch up and stick his claws into the fabric of your trousers just below your bum and then sit down taking the trousers with him. If you're wearing a skirt of nightie he grabs hold of the hem and shakees it!

I'm to hot, I hope it will cool down soon, I'm having trouble sleeping.

I'm reading a really interseting book by Professor Dame Sue Black, called All That Remains and is about the skeleton and what it tells forensic anthropologists. Some of you might know her from TV, things like History Cold Cases.

Parents
  • Iain did you try scratching a bar of soap and did it work?

That big yellow thing in the sky has gone again and the weather has returned to normal, grey, wt and windy and a lot cooler, I actually slept properly last night.

• Does anyone else read the Fortean Times?

• I used to love all that kind of stuff when I was younger. I've become too skeptical as I got older, but I miss those days when I thought that Bigfoot was real and UFOs were visiting regularly. I loved the X Files. Close Encounters is a film that could only have ever been made in the 70s.

• Black Shuk the spectoral dog seem to be quite specific to East Anglia, whereas big cat sightings seem to be all over the country. I'm sure many of them are mistaken, I had a very large cat, who was part Norwegian Forest cat, he was big dark brown and very fluffy, a new neighbour saw him coming down her garden and freaked out, wondering what on earth it was until she heard me call him and then saw us together. In the half light of dusk I can well imagine him looking very big and indistinct. But if these new findings are right, then it's evidence that there is a breeding population in the UK.

• Acording the the Fortean Times Middle Aged Mulder Syndrome is a real thing, it happens to people as they get older and so many things that they wanted to believe has been explained, so they get jaded.

Personally I'm a bit dubious about some of the explainations, they're not totally satisfactory and not because I want a totally strange answer. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I just believe that its a big universe out there and theres plenty of things left to discover and a lot of it is strange, very strange.

One of the things that facinates me is that the number of sightings and encounters with fairies and a fairey world have decreased in proprtion to the increase in sightings and encounters with extraterestials. Looking at this makes me wonder what people are experiencing? You can either dismiss it all as nonsense, halucinations etc, but I'm more of a view that most people are genuinely experiencing something real, but exactly what remains unknown. As long as people deny anything unusual and call it nonsense the less proper research will be done and these people will be left to charletans or just left to wonder and in some cases suffer in silence. I mean it's not that long ago that "science" denied ball lightening, prefering to believe that those who saw it were lying or had seen something else, now they all know about it, even if they don't properly understand it.

• Acording the the Fortean Times Middle Aged Mulder Syndrome is a real thing, it happens to people as they get older and so many things that they wanted to believe has been explained, so they get jaded.

Personally I'm a bit dubious about some of the explainations, they're not totally satisfactory and not because I want a totally strange answer. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I just believe that its a big universe out there and theres plenty of things left to discover and a lot of it is strange, very strange.

One of the things that facinates me is that the number of sightings and encounters with fairies and a fairey world have decreased in proprtion to the increase in sightings and encounters with extraterestials. Looking at this makes me wonder what people are experiencing? You can either dismiss it all as nonsense, halucinations etc, but I'm more of a view that most people are genuinely experiencing something real, but exactly what remains unknown. As long as people deny anything unusual and call it nonsense the less proper research will be done and these people will be left to charletans or just left to wonder and in some cases suffer in silence. I mean it's not that long ago that "science" denied ball lightening, prefering to believe that those who saw it were lying or had seen something else, now they all know about it, even if they don't properly understand it.

Children
No Data