Lowering voting age

labour are toying with the idea of allowing 16 or 17 year old the vote. I think about time too, in the devolved assemblies you get the vote at 16. I don't think you can ask young people to be better citizens and do more for society without giving them a say on government.

Parents
  • Not quite on-topic but whilst we’re talking about governance, two things that I heard recently which I think would be good changes: stop all political donations to all parties other than a fixed subscription paid by each party member; stop any elected official from having any other job or income or any interest other than simple investments in any business or enterprise. Give me something to vote for that is less corrupt and self-serving. 

• no... the investments are most manipulated so you have to bar them from investment too as in government if they have investments they know more and it could be classed as insider trading for them to be investing in things while in a position to see whats happening such as something big that may effect a certain company they have stocks in. so investments are likely more corrupt for them to have as its insider trading.

• I tend to agree with both comments given the kind of corruption that I’ve seen in both U.K. and Irish politics in recent years - during Covid, it was revealed that Mary Lou Mc Donald of Sinn Fein was involved with a big pharma company via her husband which angered many in the anti-vaxx lobby, as it was regarded as a conflict of interest 

• It's about phasing out the Middle Class.

The Globalists want to recreate the ancient two-class system, and the USSA is willing to participate.

Reply Children
No Data