Lowering voting age

labour are toying with the idea of allowing 16 or 17 year old the vote. I think about time too, in the devolved assemblies you get the vote at 16. I don't think you can ask young people to be better citizens and do more for society without giving them a say on government.

Parents
  • I remember when I was really young Tony Blear was prime minister I didn’t like him I don’t know why my parents didn’t like him and it rubbed off on me but I always wanted to vote as young as 6. I’m not sure what to say about this but I believe kids will follow their parents and it might not be for the better. At least when a person is 18 they have their own minds and are able to make their own decisions rather that follow their parents views like I used to. I also feel it should be taught more in schools before a person reaches the legal age to vote. 

• I remember when I was really young Tony Blear was prime minister I didn’t like him I don’t know why my parents didn’t like him and it rubbed off on me but I always wanted to vote as young as 6. I’m not sure what to say about this but I believe kids will follow their parents and it might not be for the better. At least when a person is 18 they have their own minds and are able to make their own decisions rather that follow their parents views like I used to. I also feel it should be taught more in schools before a person reaches the legal age to vote. 

Children
  • Upvoted for creatively misspelling the name of that venial and over-promoted man.

The correct spelling is of course, "Bliar".. A contraction, it is widely believed, of the two words, "Bloody" and "Liar"...