Ancient threads from the dungeon dimensions

Where are all these ancient threads being dug up from? I look at them and many seem not to have had a post on them for months or even years, is there an onsire thread archaelogist?

Parents
  • I do wonder when someone with five points suddenly resurrects a five year old thread without so much as a hello 

• five points suddenly resurrects a five year old thread

Bots I think usually (Number, where are you?).

This time though it's one particular user, new, who has resurrected a lot of threads.

I counted early this morning how many had come back up via this member quite randomly and at that time it was the high 20s (yes, I do have better things to do) ...

• In fairness, I think that person is simply a new user who has responded to a bunch of old threads and I don’t have a problem with that.

• There's a lot of it on this forum. If the bot (or whatever it is) isn't selling, then it's buying, so to speak. 

I agree that sometimes these resurrected threads invite controversy, but they also seek opinion- and that's what it's about, (maybe) data gathering, for whatever purpose.

I would be cautious about responding to a long-dead thread. Its resurrection is a choice, requiring some effort. You're not likely to stumble across a 5, 10 year thread without looking.

Most actual people arriving here are either introducing themselves or joining current discussions.

Although whether all of them are actual people is another question. 

• Perhaps, but there are no recent comments in the posts. Not right away. They are just sort of static apparitions popping up in the middle of our very dynamic now-ness.

They also all share a certain negative vibe or bent that, to me, invites controversy.

• Perhaps, but there are no recent comments in the posts. Not right away. They are just sort of static apparitions popping up in the middle of our very dynamic now-ness.

They also all share a certain negative vibe or bent that, to me, invites controversy.

Children
  • There's a lot of it on this forum. If the bot (or whatever it is) isn't selling, then it's buying, so to speak. 

I agree that sometimes these resurrected threads invite controversy, but they also seek opinion- and that's what it's about, (maybe) data gathering, for whatever purpose.

I would be cautious about responding to a long-dead thread. Its resurrection is a choice, requiring some effort. You're not likely to stumble across a 5, 10 year thread without looking.

Most actual people arriving here are either introducing themselves or joining current discussions.

Although whether all of them are actual people is another question.