Ancient threads from the dungeon dimensions

Where are all these ancient threads being dug up from? I look at them and many seem not to have had a post on them for months or even years, is there an onsire thread archaelogist?

Parents Reply Children
  • There's a lot of it on this forum. If the bot (or whatever it is) isn't selling, then it's buying, so to speak. 

I agree that sometimes these resurrected threads invite controversy, but they also seek opinion- and that's what it's about, (maybe) data gathering, for whatever purpose.

I would be cautious about responding to a long-dead thread. Its resurrection is a choice, requiring some effort. You're not likely to stumble across a 5, 10 year thread without looking.

Most actual people arriving here are either introducing themselves or joining current discussions.

Although whether all of them are actual people is another question. 

• Perhaps, but there are no recent comments in the posts. Not right away. They are just sort of static apparitions popping up in the middle of our very dynamic now-ness.

They also all share a certain negative vibe or bent that, to me, invites controversy.

• nd I don't think people in Birmingham say color. 

Good point

• So was I. But it all looks conceivably botlike; the replies are all over the place (like to one random mini thread in a massive thread) and are always kinda vaguely connected to the post they're replying to but not that closely. And I don't think people in Birmingham say color. 

I'm super sorry if that's a real person but right now I'm not seeing it. 

• I was thinking about a potentiality Birmingham based person 

Yep.  I know that word.

They have actually completed their profile.

• Sorry, I was thinking about a potentiality Birmingham based person 

• It seems unlikely in the extreme that someone would join and then almost immediately post in dozens of threads that have been dead for years like that. If it walks like a bot and quacks like a bot, the fact that its username isn't NAS45899 doesn't make it a human. 

• I don’t have a problem with that

I don't either actually - as you know from my 'library' I rather like old threads.