Magical thinking

I'm told I have magical thinking, I think this is because for me pretty much everything is alive and has some kind of agency, hense my sewing machine hating me or computers hating me. As I've always been aware of the awareness of the awarenesses we share our world with, it's perfectly normal to me and weird that others don't know this.

One of the things I don't get is why magical thinking is a problem?

Why is it even called magical thinking?

Who does it harm?

I'm told that my perceptions aren't real, and I ask why? Why are your perceptions so limited that you don't know this, isn't this a problem for you and not me?

Am I the only one for whom the world is alive and that we move through a world filled with other conciousnesses, often very different from our own?

Parents
  • This is something I completely relate to and it's so positive to see that so many other lovely people here experience the same thing! I love this community. We are so alike and can relate to each other.

I think the trouble is people who don't and can't experience this will automatically dismiss it and tell you it's a problem and you shouldn't think like it etc.

But really it is no concern of theirs. If you're happy and you enjoy it and it's not damaging you then go for it! Blush

I've been like this since I was little and I'm still like it now, as is my little sister who's also autistic.

Best wishes,

Isadora.

• This is something I completely relate to and it's so positive to see that so many other lovely people here experience the same thing! I love this community. We are so alike and can relate to each other.

I think the trouble is people who don't and can't experience this will automatically dismiss it and tell you it's a problem and you shouldn't think like it etc.

But really it is no concern of theirs. If you're happy and you enjoy it and it's not damaging you then go for it! Blush

I've been like this since I was little and I'm still like it now, as is my little sister who's also autistic.

Best wishes,

Isadora.

Children
No Data