Magical thinking

I'm told I have magical thinking, I think this is because for me pretty much everything is alive and has some kind of agency, hense my sewing machine hating me or computers hating me. As I've always been aware of the awareness of the awarenesses we share our world with, it's perfectly normal to me and weird that others don't know this.

One of the things I don't get is why magical thinking is a problem?

Why is it even called magical thinking?

Who does it harm?

I'm told that my perceptions aren't real, and I ask why? Why are your perceptions so limited that you don't know this, isn't this a problem for you and not me?

Am I the only one for whom the world is alive and that we move through a world filled with other conciousnesses, often very different from our own?

Parents
  • It is a balm. It is the truth. I love magical thinking. It is the very core of quantum physics! I will live a life of magical thinking as long as I live - and - Long live magical thinking! The world is a shimmering kaleidoscope of possibility! Thank you for posting so I could share a good joyful outburst!

• Just a note for people, it is totally fine if you believe in these things and magical thinking and you're happy with your world and are happy in general. That's great. But I've always had a pet peeve about misinformation and I need to say, Quantum Physics does not support this. There are many things that people attribute to Quantum Physics wrongly and it's true that Quantum Physics is really bizarre, but it doesn't support things in Magical Thinking. 

No hate to you Uhane or anybody else, I just like science a lot and needed to say this. 

• I love science too, especially quantum physics!

Are you a scientist? Can you refute, scientifically - not anecdotally - that there is no "spooky action at a distance" working as intent of consciousness when we have evidence of people, even monkeys able to dictate movements just by thinking them?

I would say the jury, if there must be one, is still out and will be so for the foreseeable.

Reply Children
No Data