Magical thinking

I'm told I have magical thinking, I think this is because for me pretty much everything is alive and has some kind of agency, hense my sewing machine hating me or computers hating me. As I've always been aware of the awareness of the awarenesses we share our world with, it's perfectly normal to me and weird that others don't know this.

One of the things I don't get is why magical thinking is a problem?

Why is it even called magical thinking?

Who does it harm?

I'm told that my perceptions aren't real, and I ask why? Why are your perceptions so limited that you don't know this, isn't this a problem for you and not me?

Am I the only one for whom the world is alive and that we move through a world filled with other conciousnesses, often very different from our own?

Parents
  • This is how i see the world since ever… I have never thought it’s a problem or something wrong. Looks like I’m not alone and I consider my inner world a beautiful place that compensates a lot what comes from outside. This “magical thinking” may also make me appreciate what I have. When others throw things out, I always consider how I can fix it or reuse it. 

• I'm so glad I'm not alone with this, all my life people have told me I'm mad, bad and wrong, over imaginative and need to "grow up", I think it's something that's led to a lot of heartache over the years as people can't see the beauty or the value of things. People's reactions to me when not negative or hostile, tend along the lines of making me magical and like I have all the answers, I'm not a guru and being treated as one never ends well as they soon find out I'm human. It's often hard enough just being a spiritual person, people have such strange ideas and confuse it with organised religion, which for me it isn't.

I think there's lots of confusion about quantum physics, I get the impresion that if you asked two quantum physicists the same question you'd get 6 different answers. One of the best explainations of it I saw was a show by Ken Campbel, it should still be around somewhere on the internet.

That's another thing, the internet, where is it if not in a different dimension?

• Also, I kinda envy you lol. For me, the situation is the opposite, where all around me are people with 'magical thinking' and I'm the scientific one and people tend to not like me because of it, because I'm skeptic and I like to challenge them. For me, I think people are missing the real beauty, science. I think the real world is already beautiful and bizarre and people are missing it...I've been scarred by religion and misinformation throughout my teenage years and used to be mean towards people who were not scientific like me, but as you can see, now I'm different and try to always be compassionate; I don't understand you and we wouldn't be close friends probably, but I still love you for just being human.

That said, I would like to say to everyone, please be careful with spreading misinformation as it caused me a lot of pain when I was younger. Try to distinguish between your 'beliefs' and 'facts and science', 'belief' is when there's no proof for it and you simply like believing in the thing, 'science' is when there's proof for it. 

• Also, I kinda envy you lol. For me, the situation is the opposite, where all around me are people with 'magical thinking' and I'm the scientific one and people tend to not like me because of it, because I'm skeptic and I like to challenge them. For me, I think people are missing the real beauty, science. I think the real world is already beautiful and bizarre and people are missing it...I've been scarred by religion and misinformation throughout my teenage years and used to be mean towards people who were not scientific like me, but as you can see, now I'm different and try to always be compassionate; I don't understand you and we wouldn't be close friends probably, but I still love you for just being human.

That said, I would like to say to everyone, please be careful with spreading misinformation as it caused me a lot of pain when I was younger. Try to distinguish between your 'beliefs' and 'facts and science', 'belief' is when there's no proof for it and you simply like believing in the thing, 'science' is when there's proof for it. 

Children
  • We are including that in the magic too. Einstein was a magical thinker. And Newton. This is about the power of intentional thinking. so it's about thought, Ergo "I think, I doubt, I am." ,