Magical thinking

I'm told I have magical thinking, I think this is because for me pretty much everything is alive and has some kind of agency, hense my sewing machine hating me or computers hating me. As I've always been aware of the awareness of the awarenesses we share our world with, it's perfectly normal to me and weird that others don't know this.

One of the things I don't get is why magical thinking is a problem?

Why is it even called magical thinking?

Who does it harm?

I'm told that my perceptions aren't real, and I ask why? Why are your perceptions so limited that you don't know this, isn't this a problem for you and not me?

Am I the only one for whom the world is alive and that we move through a world filled with other conciousnesses, often very different from our own?

Parents
  • NT's use this phrase in a few ways. Often it involves a misinterpretation of what we might be saying.

This usually involves assumed or actual Expectations which are incongruent with Reality. Such as idealising the perfect mate in our imagination and expecting this person can be found without considering the flaws which come part and parcel with these 'ideals'. 

Sometimes this can be a response to assuming you're relinquishing responsibility or your part in the function of a thing. 

Magical thinking can be why someone makes a bad investment, it can cause resentment if we have assumptions about how a social exchange or social contract works, or by idolising another in such a way they can't live up to. 

We are influenced by our beliefs and perspectives and respond accordingly. The wrong understanding of how the world or a business operates, for example, might create problems. In the music business, there are a load of kids who expect to write one song, have someone produce it for free and blow up on Spotify overnight. That's not how it works, unfortunately and what's happened is an entire industry is oversaturated with semi-talent leaving post production with more work to find the sounds that work as opposed to all the free stuff which doesn't and the sound department doesn't get paid hourly but by the project. This is how magical thinking can have an impact.

• NT's use this phrase in a few ways. Often it involves a misinterpretation of what we might be saying.

This usually involves assumed or actual Expectations which are incongruent with Reality. Such as idealising the perfect mate in our imagination and expecting this person can be found without considering the flaws which come part and parcel with these 'ideals'. 

Sometimes this can be a response to assuming you're relinquishing responsibility or your part in the function of a thing. 

Magical thinking can be why someone makes a bad investment, it can cause resentment if we have assumptions about how a social exchange or social contract works, or by idolising another in such a way they can't live up to. 

We are influenced by our beliefs and perspectives and respond accordingly. The wrong understanding of how the world or a business operates, for example, might create problems. In the music business, there are a load of kids who expect to write one song, have someone produce it for free and blow up on Spotify overnight. That's not how it works, unfortunately and what's happened is an entire industry is oversaturated with semi-talent leaving post production with more work to find the sounds that work as opposed to all the free stuff which doesn't and the sound department doesn't get paid hourly but by the project. This is how magical thinking can have an impact.

Children
No Data