Mods: Can the really old stuff be archived?

Ppl keep reopening ancient threads, one was 10 years old. 

The info in those threads must be well out of date.

Is there a way to let them be read but not added too? 

If I'm the only one bothered I'll go find somewhere less confusing to hang out. I'm quite aware it might just be me that's struggling with this

Parents
  • I don't see the necessity. 

Information being out of date isn't always applicable or the most important aspect of a discussion. 

I created a thread called 'library of threads' as I treat the forum as a library. 

Some of those threads are over 12 months old and I love to read input still and am very pleased if one is resurrected. 

I don't particularly like the concept of fast moving, ever changing social media where what is in the past is forgotten/discarded.

I am very happy to respond to general interest threads more than a year old.

If a bot brings up a thread several years old I read it.

• I'm glad someone finds old info useful. I don't want to read ancient advice when the world moves so quickly.  I'm also now appalled that I've probably wasted energy replying to bots. If I reply to something it's with all my good will and desire to help someone. 

I also dislike fast moving forums so maybe I need a rethink of how I use the Internet

• I'm glad someone finds old info useful.

Well that not quite what I said.

Information being out of date isn't always applicable or the most important aspect of a discussion. 

Some discussions are looking specifically for information that can become out of date eg. medical but lots aren't. 

Reply Children