Doctor Who!

Talk to me Doctor Who fans Grin 

Who is your favourite Doctor?

Who is your favourite companion?

What's your favourite story?

• yea, she did age well and I'm seeing her now as much more of kick-ass than when the episodes where first broadcast. She is more interesting on 2nd walking, for sure!

• From the old series Tom Baker and Leela.

Christoper Ecclestone was good, but David Tennent and Billie Piper from the reboot were brilliant. I loved the evil xmas tree's and the tardis needing a cup of tea to get itself better.

I remember one of the old series with I think Jon Pertwee where daffodils sprayed stuff over your face and suffocated you, I was scared of daffodils for years after, well into adulthood.

• My first doctor was Jon Pertwee, so I will always have a soft spot for him. But like , my favourite is Tom Baker. I watched religiously as a youngster from later Jon and stopped at Colin Baker. I resumed with Christopher Eccleston and still watch.

When the BBC put the classic episodes on iPlayer, I started with the later Jon and am slowly working my way through them. I'm still on Tom as I it is taking some time.

I was pleasantly surprised by Leela. My memories, being a young boy, were of her costume. In rewatching, she was the most kick a r s e feminist (for 70s) companion ever, and wasn't a scream queen. Shame she wasn't around longer.

• did you talk?

• Hear, Hear!!

• My fav doctor is Tom Baker. right now I am enjoying a re-watch of "the sun Makers" S15. it's so campy and fun. Fav companion at the moment is Leela the barbarian. But Sarah Jane stands out as does Romana the Time lord. for the re=booted series my fav companion is Donna Noble.

• You are welcome! ^^

Yes I thought it looked a bit different as well :) it's cool they keep it in super condition and that it is still remembered

I love that photo! :–) it looks like they all had a great time that day.

I think working on Doctor Who must be so much fun ^-^

• Thanks Goosey, I’ve never seen that before, it looks like the car has had a refurb since the film was made, she now has a radiator grill. Forgot to say Sarah Jane Smith was my favourite companion. Here’s 5 Dr’s with Bessie.

• I haven't seen much of his episodes but I like Bessie. I love this video of Peter Davison driving it :–) 

https://youtu.be/rHr8lGBos2U?si=C6Kv6eJruKZMAiFo

• My favourite Dr is Tom Baker, followed by Jon Pertwee. The budget for the earlier episodes was quite small, the sets often wobbled. Davros always scared me as a child, my wife still doesn’t like Cybermen. Met Tom once when he did a book signing at our local bookshop, he was dressed as the Dr with his scarf on. Did a job when an apprentice which involved a house visit to mend a generator, the customer was Patrick Troughton, to be honest I didn’t know who he was. The Dr’s car was at the NEC last year so had to have a look.

• I love David Tennant as well ^^

I also loved him in Nativity 2 and St Trinians. He's an amazing actor.

• Yeah, I do think people can be quite hard on the actors that have played the Doctor since then. David Tennant is a brilliant actor just generally and this was the part he'd wanted to play since childhood, so I understand why he's a favourite for so many of us, but sometimes people haven't always given the other actors a chance. It seems particularly unfair to Peter Capaldi, who is Tennant's fellow Scot and another one who's been a fan since he was a little boy.

• tennant is modern iconic in that i think hes really the one where dr who made a modern comeback so hes seen as the dr that modernised it and brought it into the current trend and the start of reviving it... then the rest after had hard shoes to follow, no matter how good they was they was always going to be in tennants shadow.

• if we modernised dr who to modern day nhs standards.... it would be renamed to "dr when" lol

• It's got to be David Tennant and Billie Piper for me. They had me in tears so many times!

• That's so cool Ben ^^ I seriously need to get out more

• Who is your favourite companion?

For me it is Leela, a savage warrior who took no rubbish, happily killed those who were a threat and went on to have the first naturally conceived baby in Gallifrrey for millenia (not the doctors child I should point out).

She was a strong, independant woman in the 70s and fierce as hell.

en.wikipedia.org/.../Leela_(Doctor_Who)

• My favourite Doctor from the first run is Tom Baker, and my favourite from the current run is David Tennant. I'm actually a massive David Tennant fan in general- I've been to see him in a few plays as well as on TV.

My favourite companion... I'll have to do one from each run again and say Sarah Jane and Bill.

The story that sticks in my mind isn't actually a favourite- it's The Green Death. I saw it when I was little and those big maggots terrified me. I had nightmares about them for years!

• Loved Tom Baker.  When I was a kid City of Death (the one filmed in Paris) scared the #%¥$#@ out of me when Julian Glover pulls his ‘human’ face mask off to reveal the one eyed Green alien underneath.