What's your fav TV show that you always go back to?

Mine is Columbo!

It's way before my time but I watched it first with my parents when I was 14 and I've been hooked ever since. I love his character, I love the plots for the eps and I love the humour which I do understand for once..

Just one more thing!

It won 13 Emmys.

• Shoestring.

Oh yes, with Trevor Eve.  They don't seem to repeat that one.

Ben

• I don't watch much TV. Well, I don't watch much fiction on TV.
    What I do watch is sport - football, cricket, NFL ,boxing, etc 

The only fiction that I do keep going back to though is The Good Doctor.
    If you haven't heard of it or seen it.....YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST GIVE IT A GO, you'll understand why.

Instead of watching TV I spend a lot of time (too much time!) on the computer - usually surfing the net / reading my go to sites rather than gaming.

• I do like a good Midsomer Murder, I’ve been rewatching the first series and still enjoy them,  I’m lucky enough to see quite a lot of them being filmed. I did like John Nettles in Bergerac. Another one of the same era was Shoestring.

• I haven't seen Piccard yet but it is definitely on my watch list. It's cool you like Doctor Who as well, a lot of us do seem to enjoy it, hardly surprising as it's so cool! Who's your fav Doctor? Slight smile

• I see you're a 5th Doctor fan. Good one! I love Peter Davison as the Doctor, I also thought he had a great group as his Team Tardis - Nyssa, Adric and Tegan. I often find the modern companions aren't especially good or maybe that's just me lol.

Do you have a fav ep? I liked The Visitation and Black Orchid with 5. I thought they were seriously underrated.

• Another Doctor Who fan here and the spin offs as well especially the Sarah Jane Adventures. I watch Doctor Who all the time, sometimes in order but not always. Sometimes I like to go random and escape the real world for a bit and with Doctor Who that's never a problem. Being with the Doctor on another adventure is great at keeping me occupied. I like the Star Treks as well. Lately I've been watching the Piccard series on Amazon and I'm finding that enjoyable so far.

• Doctor Who (and its expanded spinoffs universe) - my television soulmate - is such a constant fixation in my life that for decades there's been no gap long enough to fit  'going back to' in the sense I think you might mean - ie. an old friend taken down off the shelf and dusted off and fallen in love with/watch all over again. 

Some ones that fall into that dormancy/re-activation cycle:

Blake's 7

Northern Exposure

Star Cops

Sapphire and Steel

Oh yes, Columbo is great comfort watching. There's a series they should never try to re-make (I hate remakes in general): Peter Falk is irreplaceable. 

• They might have to wait 6 hours for the tide to go out before attending a crime scene!

Ah yes, it wouldn't be very practical.  Holy Island might be an interesting trip, but asI live several hundred miles from there, it won't be happening soon.

Ben

• They sound very cool. I've not seen any of them but I have heard of Camberwick Green when I watched Life On Mars, there was a small scene based on it in one of the episodes.

This one here https://youtu.be/PHP3Jih_rfA?si=hO6UK-ILfSnNmTMT

Laughing

• I think my favourites are the kids shows I watched growing up. The ones I liked best and remember well is, Mr Benn, Bagpuss, Camberwick Green, Trumpton, Chigley and Mary Mungo and Midge. They don't make shows like those anymore unfortunately.

I occasionally still watch these.

• Who is your favourite character in Outnumbered?

I really like Karen and Ben, they are very funny! I think they are both autistic/neurodivergent coded because of their way of thinking and the fact they interpret language so literally.

I really like Morecambe and Wise too!

• Thanks, I hope so as well. It would be nice.. lately the anxiety has been pushing hard and to make matters worse I'm back at work next week. That will be challenging but I want to succeed in work and then during holidays I can then look at going out to places, if my anxiety allows.. big if but I'm hopeful.

August is a busy month, lot of holiday goers. I hope you can get out more freely soon, September and October tend to be quieter months so I hope you get the opportunity.
  • I hope you manage to visit more places soon. Anxiety is a tough battle I know. Meanwhile you can always say you've been to the end of the world!

I'm approaching the end of my annual school holiday hibernation. Everywhere is just too busy and too noisy and I usually end up staying in a lot during August. Hopefully I will be able to get out more again from next week.

• That's very cool you've been there. I want to visit more places like that, too anxious at the moment though a few years ago I did get to see where The World's End was filmed, was a very exciting time!

• Lol imagine that "I'll be at the crime scene in about, ooh 6 hours, just waiting for the tide to change..." Laughing

• Oooh I forgot My Family! I own the box set, somewhere lol Laughing I thought the first couple of series were very funny but it isn't as good towards the end. It was best when Nick was in it I thought.

• If I am stressed, I like to watch' Vera'. I've seen tham all several times but shall carry on viewing.

I like watching Vera too.

A few months ago I visited the cottage on Holy Island where Vera's home is filmed. It's in a remote location and there was absolutely nobody else around when I was there. I did see a few wild deer nearby Relaxed

Can you imagine in real life if a detective were to live on an island like that. They might have to wait 6 hours for the tide to go out before attending a crime scene!

• I don't really have a favourite TV show that I keep going back to. However, if they happen to be on TV and I'm not watching anything else, I enjoy watching old episodes of Morecambe and Wise, The Two Ronnies, The Fast Show, Harry Enfield & Chums, My Family, and Outnumbered.

There's more I could add to that list, but suffice to say that if I watch something more than once, it tends to fall into the category of comedy.

• Yes the film was good, the exterior of Slade Prison is actually in St. Albans, they didn’t want to travel far from the studio, google St.Albans old prison. My brother came across this van recently, it’s in a poor state.

• John Thaw was a truly brilliant actor. He was good in The Sweeney as well.