Save the worms

Does anyone else do this? I really hate suffering (also bullying) of any kind and this extends to saving worms drowning in puddles, snails in the middle of the path ready to be trod on, bees in the middle of the road and such like. Today I walked past a worm drowning in a puddle and had to turn back to go save it. Any kind of animal suffering means huge emotional turmoil for me, more so than any suffering of humans. I’ll think about it for the rest of the day. It also means I really struggle with adverts asking for donations and showing donkeys in awful states and whatever other animals they show. I have to turn it over as I can’t physically do anything to help them and get an awful feeling in my stomach. 

Parents
  • Yes, me too! If I'm out walking my dog and there are worms on the pavement I have to put them back on the dirt because I worry they'll get stuck and dry out if I don't. And I feel terrible if I accidentally stand on a snail.

• Yes me too- there used to be a cycle path that i went on where at dusk the path would be covered in snails with shells- I stopped cycling there as it was almost impossible to avoid them and I also almost fell a few times in my attempts to avoid the snails. I also often rescued snails Snail - especially when growning up as we had a large garden- I also liked to place them on dandelion leaves which they like to eat and I would then watch them do that. 

• Yes me too- there used to be a cycle path that i went on where at dusk the path would be covered in snails with shells- I stopped cycling there as it was almost impossible to avoid them and I also almost fell a few times in my attempts to avoid the snails. I also often rescued snails Snail - especially when growning up as we had a large garden- I also liked to place them on dandelion leaves which they like to eat and I would then watch them do that. 

Children
No Data