A revelation about getting on with people

I've realised that people prefer it if I start with pleasantries, not just going straight to the point of what I want to say.

e.g. just now I went to get my recycling bin after it had been emptied. At least I thought it was my bin. I saw my neighbour getting into his car so I called 'is this my bin?' He looked blankly at me and said, 'hello, how are you? Haven't seen you for a while.' I was confused, I needed to know if that bin was mine or his. He was confused because he hadn't seen me for a while and wanted to say hello, not talk about bins.

Then it dawned on me, ta dahhhhhhhhhh! I should have said 'hello how are you?' Before launching into the questions about the bin.

I like to get straight to the point, never mind chit chat. Most humans prefer the chit chat first. Bulb 

I hope this has been helpful Sweat smile 

Parents Reply Children
  • There's this bloke, digging in his back garden and he unearths an old bottle. Upon opening it a genie pops out and offers him a wish. After a bit of to and fro along the lines of "how come there's only one wish", Our man screws up his face and finally admits his deep seated desire to drive to America to see San Francisco, and his deep seated aversion to boats and aeroplanes, means that he requires a motorway to be built from Sussex to San Fran for his wish...

Bloody hell! (Exclaims the genie) I've been in there for 3000 years and you set me a task like that, all that concrete, the piling? It'll be ages before I see the inside of a decent club at this rate...

Tell you what, says the bloke, I can see your point, perhaps you could just answer me this one small question instead, as my wish? 

Women... I can never really get a sense of understanding them, how do they really work, and how can I make and keep my wife, etc. happy?

The genie pauses, for quite a long time, then asks...

"Was that thee lanes or four, you wanted on that motorway?"