This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anyone invest in crypto ?

I have a few just was wondering if anyone else is also into it.

• aye, id say making a secure locked bunker under house or garden and filling it with super long lasting food supplies and  a water supply is the way to go. and ofcourse for the americans you can fill it up with guns, for us uk folk we can make do with a armory of spoons! 

• doomsday preparation

You can't eat gold. One must remain mobile and discreet, meek even.

• if i was promoting riskier assets and scams, id have probably started with shiba inu more and pushed that, instead of me admitting thats a scam coin that still would have made you a billionaire if you put anything into it despite being a scam, but yet i didnt invest into that because thats what i considered a scam.

as for bitcoin, bitcoin isnt the scam.... bitcoin is the entire market... if you invest into any crypto it has to be bitcoin, because as we see the market follows it and everything hinges on it. if bitcoin goes down 10% any alt coin goes down 90% .... because bitcoin is the legit leader and has smaller percent moves and should be more to your idea of a legit asset, while the alt coins are the riskier ones with larger payoff that i am not promoting as that requires too much research per coin given theres too many alts to know about these days

the only alt id promote would be ethereum.... and even cardano... every single person i got into crypto i promoted them cardano, and everyone that brought cardano got a profit....

do i promote to go into alts now? ... no, because we are at a market top, i promote going into them in 4 years time maybe, or when we next have a crisis as i said in previous posts....buying at a crisis slump is the dummies way of making money off anything as we always get recovery after crisis, you dont need to think on that advice and it isnt even a risk unless society completely collapsed to the point of no return/no recovery, in which case i dont think money would be a issue for you in the future anyway in that situation, in which case id advise people to do their own pre-doomsday preparations on land and supplies if they are concerned about societal collapse. i know id do that if i already had a house and every money was just spare money from then, the next step would indeed to be security steps of doomsday preparation. 

• optimising an investment portfolio is about trading off risk and return. this is what leads to the expected return, the expected return of an asset given its risk. at no point have I doubted the potential returns linked to crypto. what i have argued - and supported with evidence - is the massive risks associated with these investments. it is utterly meaningless to compare 10% vs 1000% without incorporating the riskiness of the asset.

for members of this forum, I would argue that the most important consideration should be the riskiness of an asset. this, combined with the large number of scams in operation with cryptocurrencies means that the prudent option is for us NOT to be investing.

Can you please desist in promoting investments that are frankly dangerous to members of this forum. Well done for your past successes, I really mean that. But please, please, if you have a shred of decency in you stop your promotion of this risky asset class, to spare the good members of this forum severe financial losses down the line.

• i think the russians used them to detect subs and so on and be under water scouts.... it was the saudi arabians they sold them to afterwards that tried to turn them into suicide bombers lol

• there have long been rumours about dolphins strapped with bombs being trained by the Russians to swim to submarines and battleships to blow them up!

• No.  I wish it was me, the pigeons are stunning!!! :-)

• I hadn't heard about that ! That's immense! I once threatened to buy Afghan High Flyers to teach them to dive bomb Moscow... they can stay on the wing for long enough to fly from UK to Moscow and back! There's loads of stories of them being used for messages in the war, but first I've heard of guiding bombs. I found it fascinating! In fact, a mobile pigeon coup that was used in WW1...

• its big where I live.  I like all animals and pigeons are kinda amazing ( navigation wise ).  Have u heard of the first guided missile ( bomb )  ?  Guided to the target by pigeons !  

it was never used but worked ! 

• It's the breeders wife! Lol Laughing 

I used to race them a few years back. But I had them bred for me. And kept at One Loft Races... I never actually had to handle a pigeon... Laughing 

• my garden is a place racing pigeons land in by mistake or for some other reason.  I used to find them all the time looking very confused.  It stopped when a guy about 100 yards away stopped keeping racing pigeons.

• looks like a small holding 

• Their offspring... Ronnie, Reggie, Clive and Dave...

• I had an investment really take off before... meet Bonnie & Clyde...

They're beauties and a welcome break from the intense discussion. :-)