Autism and school

Hi, 

My child suspected Autism and awaiting an assessment. I am agreeing to the test because I want what's best for my child and get all appropriate help. However, concerns from my child's teacher has got me quite concerned.

The teacher is saying my child uses high pitched voice, smiles non stop, irrated by other children, flaps hands, stares into space, knows very little words and dislikes sensory play.

The information she has given me is not true. I see my child play and develop each day and none of these traits are correct.

The reason for suspected autism is because my child has poor communication, my child has 90 single words. My child also has issues with solids food. 

I'm wondering does anyone know will I be listened too if they write a report such as this and I disagree. Maybe they won't write a report such as that, but I just want a fair assessment 

Parents
  • I don't know how old your child is so I'm unsure whether having 90 words in their vocabulary is a significant difference to others their age. I am assuming that Speech and Language Therapy has been accessed? I know that if there is a physical problem with the shape of a child's mouth e.g. the roof of their mouth, this can affect speech and cause issues with solid foods. I'm sure you have explored this possibility but thought I would mention it just incase. 

• I don't know how old your child is so I'm unsure whether having 90 words in their vocabulary is a significant difference to others their age. I am assuming that Speech and Language Therapy has been accessed? I know that if there is a physical problem with the shape of a child's mouth e.g. the roof of their mouth, this can affect speech and cause issues with solid foods. I'm sure you have explored this possibility but thought I would mention it just incase. 

Children
No Data