I think I'm unloveable

I've been in one relationship that lasted 8 months, during which I didn't know I was autistic

Throughout the whole thing I cared about him but I always just felt awkward, and acted awkward. I never really had anything to say, we kind of just sat in silence most of the time watching tv or a movie. I can't make conversation and that is a huge part of a relationship, talking.

I don't think I'll ever be able to have a proper, successful relationship because I'm too awkward and never have much to say, which probably makes the whole thing weird. I loved being in a relationship and really want intimacy, I just don't think I can keep a bond with someone for long because I ruin it with how weird I am. I think I'll end up lonely forever, which I really don't want.

What can I do to stop ruining all my relationships by being awkward and quiet? I don't want to be alone

Parents
  • Hello J don’t worry I’m in the same boat as you I’m 34 and never had a proper girlfriend I’m starting to think I’ll end up alone too hopefully I’m wrong I’m super awkward around people and can’t think of anything to say.

• Yep that's exactly how I feel, I was called weird throughout school because I as quiet when really, I just didn't know how to talk to people. It definitely has caused problems in my relationships.

Not to get too deep here but I genuinely think I shouldn't even try to be with anyone because I'm too difficult and I don't want to put someone I care about through the trouble of being with me

• Yep that's exactly how I feel, I was called weird throughout school because I as quiet when really, I just didn't know how to talk to people. It definitely has caused problems in my relationships.

Not to get too deep here but I genuinely think I shouldn't even try to be with anyone because I'm too difficult and I don't want to put someone I care about through the trouble of being with me

Children