Am I overthinking this? How do I interpret this?

I am arranging to meet one of my friends this weekend. I had a specific day in the diary (this Sunday) arranged with her for about three weeks now.

She has just got back to me asking if I am still okay for Sunday, but also did I mind if her other friend (they are very close) joins us too. She says that her other friend is coming to visit her this weekend, as it is the only one she is free before Christmas. My friend did say 'if you'd rather do another time no worries'. What does 'no worries' mean in this context?

Do you think that this is a sign that my friend was too nervous to meet me on her own, or am I overthinking it?

Parents
  • Are there any more interpretations on this? 

• I think 'no worries' means that she is OK with you not being OK to meet both her and the other friend, and that she wouldn't be offended by it.

I don't think it's a sign your friend was too nervous to meet you on her own. I think you are overthinking it. I think she was trying to kill two birds with one stone and, keen not to cancel your meeting, she thought she could bring her other friend too. 

If anything, I think your friend was thinking that you might be too nervous or uncomfortable to meet her plus the other friend.

• I think 'no worries' means that she is OK with you not being OK to meet both her and the other friend, and that she wouldn't be offended by it.

I don't think it's a sign your friend was too nervous to meet you on her own. I think you are overthinking it. I think she was trying to kill two birds with one stone and, keen not to cancel your meeting, she thought she could bring her other friend too. 

If anything, I think your friend was thinking that you might be too nervous or uncomfortable to meet her plus the other friend.

Children
No Data