"I don't mind" vs. "I don't care"

Are these the same thing or is there some subtle difference that I'm missing? To me "I don't mind" is what NTs say when they don't care, whereas I just say it like it is. People always seem slightly taken aback when I say I don't care, but it's honest—maybe too honest.

Examples: What would you like for dinner? Which shops would you like to browse in? When would you like to book a holiday? How would you like the flower girls to have their hair at our wedding?

Parents
  • Hey :) 

The way I see it, 'I don't mind' means that you're acknowledging the situation but happy with any outcome, whereas 'I don't care' implies that you aren't interested in the outcomes, or even the situation. But only direct people will use 'I don't care', as it's not seen as politex

Much love <3

• Hey :) 

The way I see it, 'I don't mind' means that you're acknowledging the situation but happy with any outcome, whereas 'I don't care' implies that you aren't interested in the outcomes, or even the situation. But only direct people will use 'I don't care', as it's not seen as politex

Much love <3

Children
No Data