What are your pet peeves?

My pet peeve are things said all too commonly that is all too common...

When someone says something like, “When the dinosaurs all died,” or when someone looks at an alligator and goes, “is this the only chance we’ll ever get to see an animal so close to a dinosaur?” 

Or the other day when looking though books I might want to read i came across a title of a book that sounds interesting, but the title bugged me, “voyage of the turtle: in pursuit of the earths last dinosaur.” 

Why does this bug me? Because we still have dinosaurs with us today, you see them in your gardens. Birds are literally Dinosaurs. They’re theropods (the same lineage as T-Rex! But they evolved from smaller theropods than T-Rex) 

another pet pet peeve of mine is when someone sees a massive animal and they say, “it could be a dinosaur it’s so big!” 

Because even before birds there were small Dinosaurs, for example Microraptor. 

I also have a pet peeve about myths in general. An even worse pet peeve is when there is a myth that something is a myth if that makes sense. Lol. 

So so what are your pet peeves? 

• Okay

1. people making me mad because they know i'm autistic

2. people smacking their lips while eating

3. people laughing at me when I fall

4. people who say racist stuff and say it's a joke

5. people bullying

• I'm a Catholic from Northern Ireland. We pronounce H the way you dislike. ;)

We can remain friends, though? Slight smile

• So. So I did this today, so this happened, so I have a question for you. What is it with so? 

• I hate the "mind your back" . I once replied, "no, you mind MY back, you're the one trying to push a great big trolley past me. Excuse me would have been better". Grin

• How about the tendency to use 'amaaayyyzing' in every single comment. 

• That Australian up inflexion thing were people finish a sentence with their tone going up at the end as if they are asking a question - getting more and more common especially amongst teenagers.

Pronouncing the letter H as Haich and not aich = drives me crazy (usually teens are the main culprits again). I fear that an a few years time haich will overtake and become the norm.

and a new one Ive noticed recently - starting a sentence with the word 'so'  as in - so I went shopping today etc. teens again are the main culprits.

Any of the above drive me mad. If i hear any I get a feeling like an electric shock going through me

• Children in need;

of a Smack! Slight smile

(got that from a funny meme on Facebook)

Yeah, pyjamas in the shops. Also, pyjamas on display during school runs.

Another pet peeve is the queue at a shop due to others in front of me getting scratchcards or the Euro Millions.

Receptionists who respond by saying, "Two wee seconds!"

Audi drivers.

• Ebay - sellers who want you to contact them for details but then never reply to the e-mail.    Grrrr.

• Glad someone spotted it. I thought I was being clever. Sweat smile

• That really puts the pet in 'pet peeves'Grin

• Misplaced apostrophes 
    • Powerpoint slide content that's not aligned
    • All clickbait, especially in Google when I just want the news quickly
    • People collecting at the door. I'll never answer. I'll probably donate online though. 
    • Using a lot of CAPS LOCK, I.E. SHOUTING 
    • Guy at work who chews loudly and burps
    • Other people sniffing
    • People who don't get it that letting people off the train first allows everyone to board it more efficiently
    • The wee smell in a subway
    • The fact that desperate people need to wee in a subway
    • Snoring 
    • Running out of weetabix 
    • Anyone who judges me for this list! Grin 
  • 1. Trolls on Conference Calls.

2. Traffic jams. (I have given up driving due to my increased anxiety while behind the steering wheel)

3. Public Toilets with slow moving doors. (not all disabilities require a wheelchair)

4. People with ZERO initiative, or aren't doing their job properly. (this morning, at an Argos, I ordered a new Christmas Tree and it took the Cashier an eternity to get the order onto her machine)

5. Women/Girls who use the Dog Face on Snapchat. (Grow up!)

6. Country Music. (it's a way of life here in Mid Ulster)

7. Cycling Pelotons on our local roads during Saturday and Sunday mornings.

8. The cost of living.

9. Chaos. (Aspies crave order and serenity)

• And they're not the least bit sorry.. 

• I once turned left whenever on the right-hand lane. Driving in major towns and cities are a no-no for me. Slight smile

Guilty, as charged!

• Okay I'm trying not to repeat anything listed on the other posts. 

.call centres that get you to enter your date of birth, postcode, last few numbers on your card before you speak to a human, only to finally get through and have to repeat the security to the human

. People who have zero respect for others property! I get so mad and I'm working on this. Dinging cars with their own car door is a huge trigger for me. I saw a person kicking a fence today, using flower pots to put out cigarettes, someone broke my front gate as they sat on it! Leaning on someone else's car for no apparent reason. Just anything really that damages something of someone elses

.pyjamas in the supermarket. Sorry who does this but I just cant bare it, pyjamas are for bed.

.I grow my own food so I'd have to say people who steal this food! I give excess away free so just ask!

• Yes I agree. Or getting in the left hand lane to turn right at the round a bout

• NHS Waiting times and GPs who say things like 'I wouldnt worry about that. Its perfectly normal'

• Dogs. I'm not that keen on them. I think owners should have to have lessons and get a license. Really gets annoying and scary walking past people with dogs straining at their lead, or even worse, going to walk somewhere beautiful and someone letting a dog off the lead and it running all around you and intimidating you.

• Reading all these is making my blood pressure rise in sympathy - so I'll add another - waiting in all day for a delivery that finally turns up at 18:30!  Grrrrr.

• In addition to all of the above... when a supermarket gives you a money-off coupon as part of your receipt for the thing you've just purchased and won't buy again for another three months.