Are you unique, what's unique about you?

Today at work, a new girl had started and when she asked me my name and replied she said my name was really unique. I think we're going to be good friends, for the first time ever I found it really easy talking to somebody, we instantly got on and she didn't feel weird around me like most people do. She found my Autism interesting and asked me a lot about it, and how she should act around me as to make things easier which was really nice Slight smile . She said she could use clay and turn it into pottery, which she said was a unique talent for her which she learnt from her grandad.

It got me to thinking about how unique people are, so I thought I would ask it here as well! So what is unique about you!?

Here's what's unique about me:

1. My name is Astridlora 'pronounced Astrid Laura'.
  2. I am very honest and I can't tell lies - think that's the Autism.
  3. I'm a great hugger - my mum always said I gave the best hugs.
  4. My hair is brown and long and goes behind my shoulders but has a white strip going down the back due to a health condition. Also my right eyebrow is white as well.

I love all my uniqueness, my colleague at work thought they were exciting as well. I can't wait to read about your uniqueness as well. I have to get back to work now. Have a lovely day! Bye Slight smile .

Parents
  • I’m really pleased for you that you’ve made a connection with the new girl at work, I hope that you become good friends Slight smile It’s really good that she was interested in and being considerate of your autism.

I don’t really know what is unique about me! It’s weird because I tend to think that I know myself quite well but faced with a question like this I’ve gone all ‘um, er, I don’t know’!

The name Astrid sounds Scandinavian, are your family originally from Northern Europe?

I think honestly is an autistic trait. I can be far too honest sometimes.

Hugs can be good, on occasion. Though my litluns seem to have a need to be permanently physically attached to me!

Your hair sounds beautiful. Do you mind me asking what causes it?

Hope you’re having a good day!

• Hello Kitsun Slight smile . I hope you have had a lovely day so far!

Yes, she is really lovely! Her name is Courtney and again today I found talking with her really easy. She spoke clearly and slowly, and she didn't make eye contact so it was easier on me. She is such a nice person, very considerate Slight smile .

Yes I orignate from Scandinavia. My mum said she and my dad chose the name Astrid when they first found out that they were expecting me, but sadly my mum's sister died from cancer shortly before I was born. Her name was Lora, so my parents extended my name to Astridlora.

Awh wow those are very cool unique traits! Slight smile . Aww you must be a very good hugger if your children keep returning for more. My mum was also great at giving hugs and cuddles.

Yes of course, it is called poliosis. it is genetic, my mum had it as well, on the right side of her hair.

Have a lovely day.

Astridlora. Xx

• Hello Kitsun Slight smile . I hope you have had a lovely day so far!

Yes, she is really lovely! Her name is Courtney and again today I found talking with her really easy. She spoke clearly and slowly, and she didn't make eye contact so it was easier on me. She is such a nice person, very considerate Slight smile .

Yes I orignate from Scandinavia. My mum said she and my dad chose the name Astrid when they first found out that they were expecting me, but sadly my mum's sister died from cancer shortly before I was born. Her name was Lora, so my parents extended my name to Astridlora.

Awh wow those are very cool unique traits! Slight smile . Aww you must be a very good hugger if your children keep returning for more. My mum was also great at giving hugs and cuddles.

Yes of course, it is called poliosis. it is genetic, my mum had it as well, on the right side of her hair.

Have a lovely day.

Astridlora. Xx

Children
No Data