Temperature control

Does anyone else share my frustration with this? It doesn't matter what the temperature is, what time of year it is, or what clothes I have on - I am always either too hot or too cold. There is no comfortable temperature! It's always really bugged me. I'm constantly peeling off layers of clothing or wrapping myself back up. I'm posting this here because I'm not sure if this is autistic related e.g the sensory input. I also hate the feeling of most clothing material so this probably also plays a part. 

Parents
  • As both you and have posted, this could be an autistic link to the associated senses.

Touch - clothing, etc is one thing

Taste - You gave me the realisation that suddenly is a light bulb moment.  I cannot eat/drink hot things (do not have a cast iron throat is one of my replies) so yes my coffee is cool/cold, meal has cooled down (Spicy heat is not an issue but temperature is).  Yes too cold drinks are also what I avoid and get peeved when I have not asked for it but ice is added automatically in pubs/restaurants.

• As both you and have posted, this could be an autistic link to the associated senses.

Touch - clothing, etc is one thing

Taste - You gave me the realisation that suddenly is a light bulb moment.  I cannot eat/drink hot things (do not have a cast iron throat is one of my replies) so yes my coffee is cool/cold, meal has cooled down (Spicy heat is not an issue but temperature is).  Yes too cold drinks are also what I avoid and get peeved when I have not asked for it but ice is added automatically in pubs/restaurants.

Children
  • Yeah I think it is quite common in autistic people, not being able to tolerate food/drink that is too hot or cold. Ice being added to drinks in pubs/restaurants when I haven’t asked for it is sooo annoying! Are they trying to kill my gums?!