Temperature control

Does anyone else share my frustration with this? It doesn't matter what the temperature is, what time of year it is, or what clothes I have on - I am always either too hot or too cold. There is no comfortable temperature! It's always really bugged me. I'm constantly peeling off layers of clothing or wrapping myself back up. I'm posting this here because I'm not sure if this is autistic related e.g the sensory input. I also hate the feeling of most clothing material so this probably also plays a part. 

Parents
  • This is very likely to be autism related. I don’t have this issue with general temperature per se but I do have it with the temperature of certain things. For example, I can’t stand the shower water being too hot, I need it to be a lot cooler than everyone else in my house and always have to turn it down. That said, I also can’t stand it being too cold, I have a very narrow ‘acceptable’ temperature range for water, I’m the same with washing up water. Food and drinks also can’t be too hot or too cold. I have to drink Luke warm coffee and let food cool down a lot before I can eat it, otherwise it hurts, conversely, I can’t eat or drink anything that’s too cold either because that hurts too.

• This is very likely to be autism related. I don’t have this issue with general temperature per se but I do have it with the temperature of certain things. For example, I can’t stand the shower water being too hot, I need it to be a lot cooler than everyone else in my house and always have to turn it down. That said, I also can’t stand it being too cold, I have a very narrow ‘acceptable’ temperature range for water, I’m the same with washing up water. Food and drinks also can’t be too hot or too cold. I have to drink Luke warm coffee and let food cool down a lot before I can eat it, otherwise it hurts, conversely, I can’t eat or drink anything that’s too cold either because that hurts too.

Children
  • Oh I hadn't thought about this but I'm the same too - I have a very narrow range of acceptable coffee temperature. To the point where I put coffee or tea in a flask with some cold water and that keeps it at the perfect temperature :) also with showers but I am the opposite - it has to be burning hot