Computer and tablet addiction?

My daughter is 12 and spends practically all day on her tablet or laptop,  I have tried turning the internet off for some of the day but it causes so many arguments,  she's moody when not playing her favourite online games, she shouts at me and her brother.  She literally sits on her bed all day o lying coming out for her dinner.   Does anyone have any advice, or know where I can go for help please?  I cant stand watching her wasting her life away, doing nothing but playing online games. Thankyou

Parents
  • Have you asked her why she's playing so much? If she really enjoys it, this could be a way in to learning about computers and coding, which is a massively important industry. Playing a lot of computer games is not necessarily "wasting her life away" - this wouldn't be the point of view if she was practising violin or playing football all day. Online gaming is huge - if you aren't familiar with it, it might be worth reading up about it so that you can talk about it to your daughter. You can't just switch out of special interests. 

• Have you asked her why she's playing so much? If she really enjoys it, this could be a way in to learning about computers and coding, which is a massively important industry. Playing a lot of computer games is not necessarily "wasting her life away" - this wouldn't be the point of view if she was practising violin or playing football all day. Online gaming is huge - if you aren't familiar with it, it might be worth reading up about it so that you can talk about it to your daughter. You can't just switch out of special interests. 

Children
No Data