Could we have a 'Moderator Alert'

This is mainly for the moderators to consider.

Could we have a 'Moderator alert'.  Perhaps as a 'Sticky', perhaps as an easy to find 'button' or something else.

This should be a means of alerting moderators to threats, safety, spamming, or other 'serious' issues.  It would need some thought as to how it would work, but it should also include a facility to private message the moderator with words of explanation as to what the problem is.

The present 'Report as abusive' is not really fit for purpose as it does not really seem to do anything or if it does it takes days to work at times.  I envisage the 'Alert' facility to get a moderator to deal with the situation within two hours if possible, and also to provide information.

There should also be a sticky to explain what is acceptable and what is not.  Yes we have some rules, but these appear to be subject to interpretation and are flouted.  It should perhaps explain unacceptable behaviour such as trolling, spamming, and threats and the consequences.  This might also help prevent public spats on the forums.

Parents
  • Dear Community Users,

Firstly, thank you Trainspotter for staring this thread, and also to everyone who has posted their feedback.

Myself and the Mods were very saddened and disappointed to see and read of the recent events that have occurred on the community. As mods we try to keep this forum a safe an positive place, and in this situation our mods took the most appropriate action that they saw fit at the time.  I can appreciate that some of you feel that we didn't react as quickly as we should have, and didn't take the appropriate action to ensure our community remains a safe a positive space, but please be assured we have taken on board your feedback, and will use this to help us moderate these type of situations better in the future.

I understand that the threads and posts that have been locked on the community are still visible. As the comments on these threads are very upsetting and negative, i will be deleting these threads and contacting those involved directly.

In the meantime, we value your suggestions about a 'moderator alert' function on the community. I will forward all of your suggestions to our Web team to see if there is any way we could add this function to our community.  In the meantime, if any of you would like to bring anything concerning e.g spamming, rule breaking or trolling to our attention, please email communitymanager@nas.org.uk.

Thank you all again for taking the time to share your thoughts, and i would like to apologise for any upset and disappointment that the recent events on the community may have caused.

Kind regards,

Ayshe Mod

• Ayshe, what does this forum run on? why not use a more capable and easy to use system, for you and us? There is confusion between the main site side of things and the forum as both are mashed together. What sort of hosting does this all run on? it's very slow at times. I am afraid your average shared hosting account is never going to work as you are just one account on a server full of other sites and while most contracts state unlimited storage bla, bla, bla, they forget to point out that server performance will be awful. This is why i run my own VPS (virtual private server) as while I am not assured completly dedicated hardware as I am still sharing the server with other users I am renting a set amount of it so I pay for the amount of processors, RAM ani drive space I want and that portion of the server hardware is dedicated to me and no one else.

• https://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/12772/why-are-the-forums-so-often-offline/75492#75492

...To "photonic_electrons"... in addition to the links I posted at/near to the (current) end of this Thread, this is a link to a more "techincal" answer. The person whom You might want to speak to most of all is to Mr. WEBPM. (You can even "friend" him if you want, I have seen that done!)

(P.S. - I like Your Usename chosen, there. I would like to discuss particle physics... but... now seems to be not a good time...          :-(           and yet.       :-)       at the Username. Sorry I cannot post emojis, my devices are too old.)

• "Coruscations"?

coruscating
    Flashing; sparkling.
    "a coruscating kaleidoscope of colours"
    synonyms:

sparklingshiningbrightbrilliantgleamingglitteringtwinklingscintillating,

flashingshimmeringshimmery; 

rare scintillant
Reply Children
No Data