Indecision

Does anyone else find it difficult to make decisions? It feels like the more mundane the choice the more difficulty I have. For example, if I want to buy a birthday card for my sister, I'll go to the shop and they'll be hundreds of options. So I'll narrow it down to something she'll like - cats for instance. But they'll still be 20 cards with cats on. I know that it doesn't matter which card I get. Its just the act of receiving a birthday card that matters. However I will stress over which is the "best" card, even though there is no wrong or right answer. What eventually happens is I get so stressed over choosing the right card I will just leave the shop without buying anything. I have indecision with a lot of things but it's definitely worse with decisions that have no consequences. It's almost as if my brain has to find the most logical correct solution and if there is no clear distinction between the options it just freezes. 

Parents
  • I'm not too bad with "small" purchases....but things like TV, car, etc I spend months researching, making spreadsheets etc then still don't bother...my TV is about 18 years old!!

• I know what you mean. I would really like to get some noise cancelling headphones as I think they would be a huge help to me. But I just can't decide which ones and they are very very expensive. So a year later, I still haven't bought any. 

• I just bit the bullet and went for it. I decided that I would buy the ones which were the most comfortable and go for what I thought were amongst the best and just give them a try. I thought if they don’t make much difference, I’ll have a nice set of headphones and I’ll know that noise cancelling headphones don’t really help me. So I can look to something else. But honestly, so far, they’ve been a god send. I honestly never realised the extent of sensory overload until I put the headphones on. It’s like my world suddenly slowed down and it was like walking outside when it’s thick with snow. Everything became softer. And even when I don’t wear them, because I don’t want to wear them all the time, the noise seems more manageable. 

I say go for it. You’ll never know until you try. And I doubt you’ll be on your death bed thinking, I just wish I never bought those headphones, they were such a mistake. 

• Me too. That’s what I said when I got them. It was like they give me a comfort I never knew I needed, and I too honestly never realised the impact that noise has on me! It’s weird but I’m so glad I took the chance on them. They help life slow down and even when I’m alone, they take my alone time to another level. 

We should be advertising for headphones! Lol! 

• Me too. That’s what I said when I got them. It was like they give me a comfort I never knew I needed, and I too honestly never realised the impact that noise has on me! It’s weird but I’m so glad I took the chance on them. They help life slow down and even when I’m alone, they take my alone time to another level. 

We should be advertising for headphones! Lol! 

Children
No Data