Indecision

Does anyone else find it difficult to make decisions? It feels like the more mundane the choice the more difficulty I have. For example, if I want to buy a birthday card for my sister, I'll go to the shop and they'll be hundreds of options. So I'll narrow it down to something she'll like - cats for instance. But they'll still be 20 cards with cats on. I know that it doesn't matter which card I get. Its just the act of receiving a birthday card that matters. However I will stress over which is the "best" card, even though there is no wrong or right answer. What eventually happens is I get so stressed over choosing the right card I will just leave the shop without buying anything. I have indecision with a lot of things but it's definitely worse with decisions that have no consequences. It's almost as if my brain has to find the most logical correct solution and if there is no clear distinction between the options it just freezes. 

Parents
  • I'm not too bad with "small" purchases....but things like TV, car, etc I spend months researching, making spreadsheets etc then still don't bother...my TV is about 18 years old!!

• That made me laugh out loud because that’s what I used to be like! Lol! I still do all the mad research and stuff - it feels vital, real and definitely important at the time - but I make my purchases much quicker as I’ve made a deal with myself, that I only buy it if I’m prepared to find I’m not happy with it or don’t really want it or whatever, because otherwise, I realised, I’d never buy anything! But they’re never based on the research! Lol! I’m still not really into stuff, and I’m in the process of a mass clear out, but as much as I’m not into stuff, it’s like I can’t let go of anything. I save tons of stuff, for ‘craft’ but my sister pointed out, I’ve never done a craft thing in my life, lol, but I might, I say!!!! I’ve hung on for years, to ridiculous stuff but I’ve broken the spell. I’m waiting for my son to bring me a fire bin and I’m gonna get going with a mass burn out! 

• That made me laugh out loud because that’s what I used to be like! Lol! I still do all the mad research and stuff - it feels vital, real and definitely important at the time - but I make my purchases much quicker as I’ve made a deal with myself, that I only buy it if I’m prepared to find I’m not happy with it or don’t really want it or whatever, because otherwise, I realised, I’d never buy anything! But they’re never based on the research! Lol! I’m still not really into stuff, and I’m in the process of a mass clear out, but as much as I’m not into stuff, it’s like I can’t let go of anything. I save tons of stuff, for ‘craft’ but my sister pointed out, I’ve never done a craft thing in my life, lol, but I might, I say!!!! I’ve hung on for years, to ridiculous stuff but I’ve broken the spell. I’m waiting for my son to bring me a fire bin and I’m gonna get going with a mass burn out! 

Children
No Data