Wanting the world to be a better place

Hello I am feeling so angry and upset about the way the world is and with people disagreeing with me on certain things like when I only say that I want the world to be a better place and saying things in which are not very helpful like when I say that no one should be forced to do something they do not really like or do not want to do as this is so wrong because we should all be allowed to make our own choices in our own lives. I just want to be able to do something to make this world a better place even though I am not expecting the world to be completely perfect or expecting people to be completely perfect either in which I understand that but I just want more positives and no more negatives like no more war, no more curfews, no more violence, no more bullying, no more disabilities, no more being told what to do as I am sick of it now and also no more people being so unpleasant or unkind to each other. I want to be able to write to the government about my concerns and be able to stand up more for myself and tell everyone how I feel. I really want more things to be done to make this world a better place and to prevent a lot of negative things like abuse and neglect and bullying. Also I want everyone to treat 18-25 year olds more as adults and for them to have more rights and freedom of other adults too.

Parents
  • That's a pretty big job to take on, to change the world. And what would you change it into? Are saying you want everybody in the world to see the world like you do and to experience it the way you do, being angry and upset and wanting everybody to think, feel and act like you?

You say you are upset and angry at the world disagreeing with you ~ why not start there? Why not decide to quit anger and upset and instead of trying to get people to agree with you, you could decide to instead, take the time to understand them. It's not too difficult to do. All we have to do is stop talking and listen. Maybe they're happy with the world as it is and they may be able to therefore help you to be happier in the world because getting angry and upset doesn't sound like a fun way to spend your precious time here on this earth. When people feel heard, respected and understood, they are more likely be open to hearing what you have to say.

Maybe before you begin to change the world, you could work on changing your world so instead of being angry, upset and demanding the world thinks like you, you could find happiness, joy, compassion and understanding and then when other people see how happy and content you are, they will ask you how you do it and that way, you start changing the world for the better.

• That's a pretty big job to take on, to change the world. And what would you change it into? Are saying you want everybody in the world to see the world like you do and to experience it the way you do, being angry and upset and wanting everybody to think, feel and act like you?

You say you are upset and angry at the world disagreeing with you ~ why not start there? Why not decide to quit anger and upset and instead of trying to get people to agree with you, you could decide to instead, take the time to understand them. It's not too difficult to do. All we have to do is stop talking and listen. Maybe they're happy with the world as it is and they may be able to therefore help you to be happier in the world because getting angry and upset doesn't sound like a fun way to spend your precious time here on this earth. When people feel heard, respected and understood, they are more likely be open to hearing what you have to say.

Maybe before you begin to change the world, you could work on changing your world so instead of being angry, upset and demanding the world thinks like you, you could find happiness, joy, compassion and understanding and then when other people see how happy and content you are, they will ask you how you do it and that way, you start changing the world for the better.

Children
  • Thank you for helping but I just want people to agree with me for once because no one ever seems to agree with me on anything at all I think and that is bad and I cannot be happy unless people was to stop changing certain things like trying to prevent even younger adults as well from doing certain things like smoke, drink, argue with their partners, have children, being around others of all ages and also make their own decisions. I really need for things to be sorted out and for people to agree and be on my side for once as I feel like I cannot even win at all.